Have you ever done an all-nighter for a school paper or a big presentation for work? Anyone who’s done this can say that the worst thing that could happen is for their computer to break down and for all the data you’ve been working on to be lost.
It is enough to cause a lot of stress on any person, especially if, because of focusing on the job, you’ve forgotten to backup your data. But not all hope is lost as data can still be recovered. While there are tutorials online that list down the steps to do to recover lost data, it’s a better idea to get the services of professionals for moments such as these. You don’t want to make it any worse by trying a bunch of things only for your files to be forever lost.
There are many companies that offer laptop repair service and advertise that they can help you recover lost data. Check out some tips below on how you can find the best company to help you with your data recovery problem.
- Do your research – you need to make sure that you have a list of all the repair service that is available to you. Try to see if you can find a database that you can refer to. Form the list that you will get, you can start deleting some of the companies based on certain criteria. For example, you might find that the shop’s location is too far from your own house, or the cost of the repair might be too much for you. Once you have a shortlist, you can start narrowing it down until you get to the company you want to hire.
- Check how long the company has been in business – don’t forget to find out just how long the companies you are eyeing have been in the business. The longer, the better. That is because you know that a business can only last that long if they have been doing a good job. If the service they offer has not been well-received by their customers then they probably would not be in business anymore. Their track record can speak for itself.
- Get feedback from the company’s former customers – feedback is one of the most important things you need to get before deciding on which company to get for your laptop repairs. If you have friends or family members who had the same problem as you, don’t hesitate to get recommendations from them. Ask them if they were satisfied with the service and if there were any problems with their laptops after they got it serviced.
- Check the credentials of the company’s employees – try to find out where the company employees were trained and how long they have been in the business. It’s not just the years that is important, but also how they’ve kept up to date with the latest technology so that they can do their work more efficiently.
- Choose a company that communicates well with customers – you can try communicating with the company first before deciding, check to see how responsive they are and how receptive they are to your questions and inquiries. It would be a good idea to go with a company that is highly accessible to that they can provide round the clock support for their customers.