The quintessential features of WordPress have empowered developers to build various web applications and sites endowed with matchless features and functionality. Undoubtedly, all WordPress sites are feature-rich, device-agnostic, optimized and SEO-friendly but there is one more feature that most of the developers as well as businessmen forget to inculcate in their WP solutions i.e multilingualism. Yes, the language of your business equally influences your reach as does its features.
Having a multilingual website is a boon for businesses looking forward to expanding their business horizons across global boundaries. A website that can be uniformly accessed over different regions of the country is expected to gain more business and credibility than any other conventional commercial site. Facilitating users to access the websites in their native language is good for site owners as well as developers as owners get productivity and developers get the opportunity to grow.
Adding such an exquisite functionality doesn’t cost much on your pocket as it can be easily integrated into the website through add-ons/plugins. There are numerous Translation Plugins For Your WordPress Site available on the market that can be easily integrated and used to you cater distant audiences throughout the globe.
Glimpse To The Best 7 WordPress Translation Plugins
As already discussed why translation plugins are useful for flourishing a WordPress site, let us now take a look at the most preferred and remarkable WordPress translation plugins. These add-on programs are specifically designed to serve the purpose of owning a multilingual website.
Here is the list of 7 most-preferred WordPress Translation Plugins
Google Language Translator
No, this is not any Google’s official plugin. It is a simple to use plugin that is developed to work closely with Google Translate function for providing translation in the simplest possible way ever. The antiquity of this plugin has made it so popular among developers and site authors. Just download the plugin and activate it to start getting benefited with its features.
Google Language Translator should be used because:
- It actively supports 80+ languages by default through Google Translate
- Easy-to-understand and swift in processing
- It gives the dual option to either go for manual switch option for language change or choose the automatic one.
Multilanguage is an efficient translation plugin developed by the BestWebSoft. This amiable WP plugin needs no expertise to work on it which means even if you have no significant knowledge about plugins, you can still run this plugin.
Multilanguage should be used because:
- It provides extensive support for 76+ languages by default covering almost all major languages
- It gives option of adding language into the posts either from the dashboard or through the plugin
- Widgets and auto search option to facilitate language switch option
- It can also translate the plugin dashboard in the preferred language which helps both site authors and the contributors.
Lingotek Translation is a cloud-powered language translation plugin that provides the source of translation through cloud searches, machine-based searches and majorly done by linguists (professional human translators are known as linguists).
Lingotek Translation should be used because:
- It provides three translation methods to choose from the given ones
- The plugin gives you an option of becoming the translator cum editor of your site
- More than 100,000 characters are available for free translation and are managed by Microsoft Translator API
- Proffers an operational bar that showcases the status of the processing documents
Polylang is widely known as an ultimate solution to manage a WordPress website having multilingual support. The major benefit of this plugin is that it can also be used to process with Lingotek Translation plugin. This in-demand plugin supports more than 40 languages with each language having a specific interface.
Polylang plugin should be used because:
- It facilitates simple and easy translation features for widgets, general posts, custom posts, taxonomies and much more.
- Language can be changed either manually or through URL
- Automatically detects language and its preference codes
Ceceppa Multilingua plugin
If you are looking for a plugin to translate your sourced file, then Ceceppa Multilingua plugin is an ultimate solution for you. This plugin pre-assumes it is built to display the already sourced translations.
Ceceppa Multilingua plugin should be used because:
- Renders easy language switching options between
- Helps in managing specific widgets for each language
- Each language is managed in an SEO-friendly manner, using specific URLs
WPGlobus- Multilingual Everything
WPGlobus plugin confers a number of add-ons to render multilingual facility. Along with WPBakery Visual Composer, TinyMCE out of those add-ons, it also proffers two premium plugins called WooCommerce WPGlobus and WPGlobus Plus.
WPGlobus plugin should be used because:
- It offers easy to use language switching option that helps in managing language using some drop down menu or widget
- Can easily add language with a search engine optimized feature for content to be translated
- You can easily change administer language from dashboard
GTS Translation Plugin
This plugin is widely popular among the site authors as it helps in bringing the desired traffic to the website along with managing the linguistic features of the content. It proffers translation through crowdsourcing content that helps in avoiding grammatical errors.
GTS Translation Plugin should be used because:
- It supports over 30 languages and can be extended to other languages in case you have an access to your translators.
- It also enables you to choose automatic translation through the machine or to go with manual reviewing
How Are Professional Translation Plugins Helpful?
As discussed above, the translation plugins help in integrating an effectual functionality of multilingualism within the WordPress sites. Moreover, there could be no other accurate and inexpensive tool to amplify the functionality of a WordPress website to withstand it across language barriers. Take a look at all these plugins and decide which one you would choose for your website.
First of all, understand your business requisites like the target audience and objectives specifically. This would help you choose the aptest plugin capable of serving your needs. And finally, think about all the pros and cons of having the assistance of professional translation plugin on your website and then finalize the one for your business.
If you find any of the worth mentioning plugins that have not been added here, feel free to send your reviews in the comment section below.