As we all know google maps are being very helpfull on all the aspect wheather we want to use it for navigation purpose or to find some restaurants or some dinning area near by they are being used everywhere now a days.But the main drawback is they require a large amount of mobile data WHAT IF WE ARE RUNNING SHORT OF MOBILE DATA? due to which nokia maps are here to save the offline maps but now Google maps also offers to save the map offline with a simple and easy steps you can do.
so we start as:
1. Click on the search bar and then search for a place. Now you will see the place name at bottom.
2. Tap the bar at bottom, you will be seeing options like Route, Save, and Share.
3. Click on the three dots coming on the top right side of your screen.
4. Now, you will be able to see the option for “Save Maps to use offline”.
5. Click on it, and it will ask to confirm to save the map or not and just click on save button.
To access the saved maps,
1. open Google Maps, then sweep the menu bar from the bottom left.
2. Now tap onYour Place. If you are using your data connection, you need to scroll down to the bottom to find View all and manage, Otherwise without the data connection, it will be available at the top. Here you will find your saved maps.
- Area must not be too large.
- The saved areas in offline Google Maps are automatically cleared after 30 days.
- Location services will be very slow due to no data connection while using offline Google Map.
- Since you don’t have a data connection, you won’t be able to perform step-by-step navigation in offline Google Map.
- If you prefer downloading the maps in bulk for offline navigation, I will suggest you to try Nokia Here maps Or whole Google map offline which is about 1.7GB