Applications in android have become a very banal entity in living. Most people will tell you that their entire life runs on apps only, for example WhatsApp, Facebook etc. These social messaging applications are really good in terms of communicating with people and friends, but these applications don’t really fulfill the general criteria of using a smart phone. So, here are the top 10 must have application that will let you enjoy your smart phone with a new horizon.
- 1 1: Google now launcher
- 2 2: Opera Max- Data saving app
- 3 3: Share it
- 4 4: Inbox by Gmail
- 5 5: Greenify app for hibernate
- 6 6: Moon reader free/pro
- 7 7: Paytm
- 8 8: True caller
- 9 9: Pocket
- 10 10: Musixmatch
1: Google now launcher
Now, most of you have heard about it but you are still muddled of using it, simply because you are stuck in your smartphone’s UI. Well, in that case let me assure you that, most people are using it and trust me they love it for example Nexus and Motorola user. The google now launcher doesn’t just give a materialistic UI, it also come up with google now feature. Which is simply amazing.
- Vertical scrolling A-Z apps list with fast scrolling.
- Search for apps on your device or new ones on the Play Store from the A-Z list.
- App Suggestions use on-device intelligence to bring the apps you’re looking for to the top of your list.
- Folders can be larger, and can have more than one page.
- New Android Marshmallow Wallpapers.
2: Opera Max- Data saving app
Opera max is a great app when it comes on saving the data. It basically uses a VPN to funnel all your traffic through, compress it and then get it back to your device, resulting in lower data uses. This is extremely recommended application for those who have a limited data uses.
In other hand Opera max is so well design, that you can see every data uses by any application, it even keeps record of background data uses and the plus point is you can also restrict any app data even background data.
- Smart Alerts to help manage sneaky background data usage by unused apps
- Background Usage access section in App Management
- New Opera Max icon: a crisp and modern design
- App launcher on boarding, for a better user experience
When it comes to file transfer, SHAREit is the best beautifully design application. It transfers the file with the speed of 20M/s. It also supports Cross-platform sharing for phones & computers & tablets, Android & iOS & Windows Phone & Windows XP/7/8.
- Add app lock and photo vault function-need activation in the app
4: Inbox by Gmail
Forget the old Gmail, it’s time for inbox. Inbox not only just receive mails and send them. It also organize them in a very precise manner. You can get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
5: Greenify app for hibernate
Those people who don’t know what Greenify is. It is an auto hibernation application that basically force stop the application, which we don’t use frequently. That help saves lots of background battery consumption, resultant more batter to use. So, do Install this application.
- 2 new experimental features for Android 6: Aggressive Doze (no root req) & Shallow Hibernation (root), pushing the power-saving beyond Marshmallow.
- Seamless auto-hibernation experience in non-root mode. (no flicking on-screen any more)
- New option to toggle “screen off” implementation. (root)
- Improved the “working” state detection.
- New wake-lock-free hibernation engine.
If you want to know more about Greenify, please do check out our Techniblogic post regarding battery optimization.
6: Moon reader free/pro
In terms of reading, Moon reader is a phenomenal application. It doesn’t just support .pdf file like adobe reader or epub file like Aldiko book reader. It supports a vast majority of extension including epub, pdf, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS.
It is also a well design materialistic application, that have numerous feature and lots of visual customization. The paid version has more customization; it is available on play store for 331 Indian Rs.
- New Mobile Read Catalogue, easy to add more free eBook sites to Net Library
- Restore reading progress from history automatically for same filename books
- Swipe to change tabs directly (Recent list -> My Shelf…)
- Faster max scroll speed for auto-scroll feature
- Update Slovak language package
When it’s about bill payment or mobile recharge, paytm is a great app. The mobile recharge receives in seconds. You can also use Paytm Wallet, which is basically an e-wallet. You can also avail Paytm Wallet option on Paytm and also on various other sites like BookMyShow and many more.
They have online recharge options for all Indian Telecommunications like Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance, Idea, Aircel & MTNL and etc.
You can also apply various coupon while making payment. They also offer cashback on certain days.
8: True caller
True caller has been a great app in identifying unknown call and blocking them. You can also see names and photos of people who call, even if they aren’t saved in your phonebook. Making your calling experience smarter. True caller is based on a community guideline spam list of over 200 million users. Well they say about true caller is, it is the only phone app you’ll ever need.
Pocket is a really amazing app, when we talk about reading any article or news segment. Here you can quick save and also recommend the best interesting story on the web.
The best feature that Pocket have is the Save for later, So the next time you find an article, video or link you want to read or watch later, just save it to Pocket. It’ll sync across your phone, tablet, and computer so you can come back to it whenever and wherever you’d like, even when you’re offline.
Recommend the most interesting things you’re reading and watching in Pocket to those that follow you, by tapping the Recommend button on any item in your List.
Important Note: Your saves to Pocket are (and always will remain) private. Only items you recommend will appear in your profile and in your followers’ Recommended feeds.
You have maybe used several music players like play music, Spotify or Power amp. But let me assure you that Musixmatch is slightly different from that. It not just plays the music but it also shows the lyrics with them. Musixmatch has also its own equalizer and with its materialistic UI It looks more attractive.
Musixmatch is the world’s largest lyrics catalogue, that lets you enjoy diverse music with synced lyrics.
It has been featured among the “Best Apps 2014 and 2015” selection on Google Play Store.
Additional key features
- Cast music and lyrics to your TV with Chromecast
- Advanced features like Sleep timer and Equalizer
- Create and share awesome Lyrics quote with Lyrics Cards
- Automatically fetch song info and cover art for your songs
- Android Wear and Android TV support