Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company, has launched Redmi 8, the successor of Redmi 7, on Wednesday, 9 October 2019. The smartphone was launched in India and comes with a waterdrop style notch with a dual rear camera setup.
Specifications of Redmi 8
- It is a dual sim smartphone that operates on Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- It features an HD+ Dot notch display of 6.22-inch with corning gorilla glass 5 protection
- It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 SoC paired up to 4GB of RAM.
- It features a dual rear camera setup that includes a 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 primary sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
- It sports a selfie camera of 8-megapixel camera sensor
- The smartphone is also equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) powered features, including Face Unlock.
- The brand has provided up to 64GB of onboard storage on the Redmi 8 that is expandable via microSD card (up to 512GB)
- The smartphone has connectivity options, which include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS/ A-GPS, infrared, wireless FM radio, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port.
- It features a fingerprint sensor at the back.
- It is backed up by a battery of 5,000mAh
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
Redmi 8 comes in two variants based on the storage:
- 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant, priced at Rs. 7,999
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant, priced at s. 8,999
The smartphone also comes in various colors like Oynx Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue color options