Player Unknown’s Battleground, is an awesome online multiplayer game . And of course, we are well aware of PUBG mobile after its launch in March 2018. Within a year this game has taken the world by storm and the hype is so much that recently our honourable prime minister Mr Narendra Modi inquired about the growing addiction to online game and said “Ye PUBG wala hai kya?”
After getting the ‘Game of the year’ award, this gaming mammoth is looking to expand the game’s availability to more users around the world, which is why it has now launched a lightweight variant of their PC title called as the PUBG lite.
More about PUBG lite:
lIt is a lightweight and slimmed down version of the popular multiplayer game- Player Unknown’s Battleground.
lIt is basically designed for PCs with less robust hardware.
lIt is only available in Thailand for testing purpose.
lThe basics of the gameplay remain the same, where 100 of players drop on Erangel, take hold of some loot and get down to fighting in order to be that last man surviving.
Here are the basics PC requirements to download and install PUBG Lite:
- OS:Window 7,8,10, 64bit
CPU: Core i3 clocked at 2.4GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Recommended PC Requirements:
- OS:Window 7,8,10, 64bit
CPU: Core i5 clocked at 2.8GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
Steps to download PUBG lite:
- Open the PUBG lite website (https://lite.pubg.com/) through google chrome.
- Apply for a PUBG I’D and then download the PUBG lite launcher setup.
- In order to download the PUBG lite launcher setup follow the following steps-
lFirst, click on the download button on the homepage to go to the download section.
lScroll down and you will come across the orange ‘download’ button.
lClick on the orange ‘download’ button to get to the PUBG lite setup.
lYou can install the setup after it is being downloaded but don’t run it right away.
- Now, click the ‘Apply for ID’ button on the top right and enter the required details to create your account. This account will help you to log in into the game.
- Head to your email account and click the ‘confirm to register’ link to verify your PUBG ID.
Finally, you have completed the initial steps. Now it is the time to install the game and then you are done.
Steps to install PUBG lite-on your pc:
- PUBG Lite (Beta) is only available in Thailand right now. So, you will need a VPN software to log in and to play the game.
- Now you have both, the PUBG Lite launcher and VPN software, the next steps involve downloading the game itself.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the VPN of your choice.
- Switch to the Thailand server and start the service.
- Install the PUBG Lite launcher which we had downloaded above.
- Open it.
- Use the ID and password that you have created before to log in into the launcher.
- After you have logged in, you will see a huge orange button at the bottom left. It reads ‘Install’ in the Thai language.
- Click on that button to download PUBG lite on your PC.
- It can simply take a couple of hours to download as the file size is approximately about 1.9GB
- After the game is being downloaded, close the launcher.
As the game is restricted to Thailand and it takes into consideration about your systems location and time zone, you are going to encounter a ‘Not yet available in your region’ error while you try to open the game to play.
But by tweaking the Windows settings, you can avoid the error. Here are the following steps that will help you to fix the error and will let you play PUBG Lite on your PC:
- Change the default location of your Windows PC. Follow the following substeps:
lNavigate to ‘Settings -> Privacy’ and then ‘Location’ under the App Permissions section.
lUnder the ‘Default Location’ option click on the ‘set default’ button to change the location.
- Search for ‘Bangkok city, Thailand’ in the text box on the pop-up map, select the said location.
- Click on the ‘Change’ button to modify the default location to Thailand.
- Now your default location is set to Bangkok.
- Next, you need to set your PC’s time zone to the same location. Follow the following steps:
lNavigate to ‘Settings -> Date & time’ and change the time zone to ‘(UTC+7:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta’ from the drop-down menu.
- Power up the VPN, log into the launcher and tap the orange button at the bottom left to see the game power up.
These are the basic steps to download and install PUBG Lite game for PC. Enjoy playing the game, hope you get that CHICKEN DINNER soon!