Have you ever thought that you will able to transfer the money from twitter ??
Our very own ICICI bank with millions and millions of customers and India’s largest private sector bank has come up with a brilliant use of technology.
ICICI is leading the way in showing how banks can use social media to their advantage by using the social medium like twitter. Always the first to explore new technology mediums, ICICI Bank has been in the forefront of using technology to maintain its competitive edge. So, now the Bank announced that its customers based in India can now send money to other people via Twitter. This service is called icici bank pay.
This service enables ICICI Bank customers to transfer money to anyone in the country who has a Twitter account, check account balance, view last three transactions and recharge prepaid mobile in a completely secure manner. Rajiv Sabharwal, Executive Director, ICICI Bank said that they are the first bank in Asia and globally the second one to introduce transfer of funds via Twitter.
“With the growing prominence of social media in every-day life, we believe our customers would be delighted to have yet another avenue which allows them to bank while they are on social media. In line with this, we introduced the world’s most comprehensive banking facility on Facebook in 2013. Now, ‘icicibankpay’ will help our customers to execute banking transactions while they are socialising on Twitter,” Rajiv Sabharwal added.
In the year 2015, the lender also plans to launch digital wallets and digital wearables to increase the services offered under this medium. About 50-55% of the bank’s customer now transact via the digital medium.
As per the Reserve Bank of India data, in the month of October ICICI Bank had recorded transactions worth Rs 1416.52 crore via banking on mobile devices.
This facility is only applicable only if you have ICICI Bank savings account customer, has a mobile number registered with the bank and has a Twitter account. The customer can send money to anyone in India even if the recipient does not have an ICICI Bank savings account. Once you done with this you need to register yourself.
To register for the service, you needs to follow the bank’s Twitter account, @ICICIBank and send a Direct Message(DM) in the format “#reg <space> <registered mobile number with ICICI Bank>”. As a safety measure, the customer will receive a ‘one time password'(OTPyou’re your registered mobile number, which in turn is required to be sent as a DM from her Twitter account to the bank’s twitter account in the format “#regotp <space> <OTP>”.
Just four easy steps to register for ‘icicibankpay’:
- Follow twitter.com/ICICIBank
- Send DM: #reg <space> <registered mobile number>
- Receive six digit OTP on registered mobile number
- Send DM: #regotp <space> <OTP that you received>
Once registered, the customer can transfer funds, check account balance, view last three transactions and recharge prepaid mobile by simply sending a DM from her Twitter account to the Bank’s Twitter account in the following formats.
Exciting features of icicibankpay
- To Transfer money: A unique feature that allows the customers of ICICI Bank to send money to anyone with a savings account and a Twitter account
- #Pay <space> @<twitter account of the recipient> <space> <Amount>
- Upon sending the DM on Twitter, the customer will receive a SMS on her registered mobile number with a four digit redemption passcode, which she will have to share with the beneficiary. This passcode is valid for usage within three days of the creation of the request
- The beneficiary will also receive a Tweet from the bank with the link of its website
- To receive money, the beneficiary has to click on the link sent by the bank, which will take her to a secured page on ICICI Bank’s website. Here, the beneficiary will be required to verify her Twitter account along with providing name, account number, IFSC code of the account where she wants to receive the money and the four digit passcode received from the sender of the fund.
- View account balance: Using this, the customer can view her savings account balance
- #ibal – to know balance in the primary account
- View recent transactions: This feature allows the customer to know the last three transactions of her savings bank account
- #itran – to know last three transactions in the primary account
- Recharge prepaid mobile: Using this, customers can recharge their prepaid mobile phone
- #TopUp <space> <10-digit mobile no.> <space> <OperatorCode> <space> <Amount>
To seek clarification on the service, customers can also send a Direct Message #Help to twitter.com/ICICIBank.
This is the huge step taken by ICICI bank in the technology-led innovative services. We wish the service comes out to be a great success.
let us know your experience with icicibankpay via the comments.
Editor – Tejaswini Salunkhe