Hi guys today there is an awesome gadget which we are reviewing on our website. So how many times have you walked away from your computer or PC at home or work and forgot to lock it? If you’re around people you trust, this may not be an issue for you guys but however, if you have un-trusty co-workers, family members or house-mates, then you’ll definitely want to think twice.In this article you will get GateKeeper Review which can help to automatically locks your PC when AFK
What is Gatekeeper Key ?
GateKeeper is a new gadget by Gkchain that helps to keep your computer safe. It does all this automatically which includes, locking your computer when you walk away and unlocking it when you return,in other words user can automatically lock or unlock his/her computer based on proximity.
If you are using GateKeeper, you don’t have to worry about or think if you locked your computer or not because once you’re a certain distance away from the USB Lock; the Key will disconnect and automatically lock it for you with a password.
Content in the Box:
- USB Key
- 2 CR2032 Batteries (1 is extra)
- Key Ring
- User Manual
GateKeeper On Your Mobile Device
GateKeeper also has its Android and iOS app that also works with the Key. It enables users to locate and track objects. Being able to keep up with high value valuables is definitely an added bonus by using this app.
GateKeeper Key :
- Size: 45mm x 25mm x 6.5mm
- CR2032 battery(replaceable)
- Expected battery life – 3 to 6 months
- Range: Up to 30 feet
GateKeeper USB Lock :
- Size: 22mm x 15mm x 4.5mm
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
GateKeeper Software :
- Windows 7,8 and 8.1
- Mac OSx
Quick Start Guide
Powering Up the GateKeeper Key
- Open the back of the GateKeeper Key
- Install the battery
- Close the back
- The GateKeeper software can be downloaded from www.gkchain.com/download
- Detail instructions for using GateKeeper can be found in the Gatekeeper Review Video
Choosing the Locking/Unlocking Range
- Keep the GateKeeper Chain where it would normally be when you are using your computer
- Choose a location on the “Lock Distance” slider
- Click the “Test Lock or Unlock” button.It will show you whether Gatekeeper will “Lock” or “Unlock” the computer with the chosen distance setting.
Full Detailed Review
The whole process of setup and how to use and install has been explained the video which is down below:
At the end of it after using it i only want to say that, GateKeeper provides some beneficial features which is very useful. It’s easy to set up and even easier to use because you only need to connect it by tapping the device or by simply using Bluetooth of your phone. Although I did find it a bit buggy at sometimes, it does provide a convenient extra layer of security to your computer and is a joy to use. You can defiantly move forward and buy this.