Microsoft’s most recent operating system has several features that let you recover deleted files that Windows 11 can no longer access or view, even though it is not impervious to data loss.
Also Read: 10 Best Casual Game for Android
Users have many recovery options to choose from when coping with various data loss circumstances because the OS is compatible with many third-party data recovery software tools.
Top 4 methods to recover your lost data in windows 11
This section examines in-depth the best ways to recover deleted files on Windows 11. To choose which solution to apply, please check the table in the preceding section because each is useful in a distinct data loss situation or you can try third party tools like R-Undelete that helps you with data recovery.
Method 1: Recover all your data from Recycle bin
The greatly improved Recycle Bin included with Windows 11 allows you to recover recently lost data without requiring any additional software:
1. Open your Recycle bin from your desktop
2. Recover the file that you want by selecting it.
3. By right-clicking on any selected file, you can restore the file just by clicking on the restore option.
4. Alternatively, you can drag & drop the chosen files to the desired spot.
Method 2: Restore Files Using the File History Feature
With Windows 11, you may still access your backup drive’s File History backup drive to retrieve stored copies of your data. It has a great feature to recover files that you deleted permanently and are not present even in the recycle bin making this feature excellent.
1. Enter the start menu and select the option “Control panel“.
2. Click and launch the Control Panel app.
3. Select System and Security > File History from the menu.
4. In the left sidebar, select the Restore personal files option.
5. In the left sidebar, select the Restore personal files option.
6. By going back in time and locating a backup copy of the files you can recover lost files.
7. Select the file and click the green recovery button.
Method 3: Utilize Command Prompt to recover without needing external software
It is possible to repair corrupted files that cannot be accessed or located using some well-known command-line tools included with Windows 11.
You can directly access CHKDSK using the storage device Properties or the Command Prompt (cmd.exe). CHKDSK is the most crucial command-line program for fixing tainted files.
- Command Prompt:
1. Select the Windows Terminal option by pressing Win + X.
2. Type in: chkdsk volume: /r ( Replace “volume” with the letter assigned to your storage device).
3. As soon as CHKDSK completes scans and repairs your storage device, press Enter on your keyboard and wait.
1. By clicking File Explorer, launch it.
2. Choose This PC from the locations list in the left sidebar.
3. Right-click the storage device you want to repair by accessing the Properties menu.
4. Now choose the Tools tab.
5. Lastly, click on the Check button.
Besides CHKDSK, Windows 11 now includes a tool called ATTRIB. With the help of this tool, you can change many “attributes” of a computer file or directory. For instance, you can reveal files that the virus has made invisible. What you must do is as follows:
1. By pressing Win + X and selecting the option of Windows Terminal.
2. Type in: attrib -h -r -s /s /d volume:\*.*
(Take note to replace volume with the letter assigned to your device).
3. Press Enter from the keyword.
Method 4: Recover Permanently Deleted Files from an Older Backup
Backup and Restore are one of the earliest data recovery solutions in Windows 11 (Windows 7). As the name says, you can generate a complete image of your machine and recover lost data using this function from Windows 7 (and Vista).
1. Click to launch the Settings app.
2. Search for system> Recovery.
3. Then click the Restart now button.
4. Now follow these steps: Troubleshoot > Advanced options > See more recovery options > System Image Recovery.
5. Choose your system image backup.
Windows 11 represents a significant advancement for Microsoft and its users with its focus on security and updated user interface.
Also Read: 14 Best Website to Watch Cartoon Online
Despite all the improvements, data loss will still be a significant problem for Windows 11 users because Microsoft cannot address many of its sources, including human error and device failure.