Know About Outlook Offline Folder (.ost) File
MS Outlook is leading application for email communication which is used globally by email clients. OST file is an offline Outlook email storage folder that exists on the client machine or local machine. It is the replica of Outlook emails which is created by Microsoft Exchange Server during synchronization when cached mode enable therefore it also known as synchronized email copy of MS Exchange Server. After failed connection from Exchange Server or disaster of Server, you can read or view email data in Outlook using OST file.
Know About Outlook Personal Storage Folder (.pst ) File
PST File is a personal Outlook email storage folder that also stores in local machine or PC. It stores personal email data which can be easily accessed in Outlook mailbox in offline mode or with Exchange Server connection. Sometimes email data accidentally deleted from your Personal Storage Table (pst) file, in such situation you can recover it from Offline Storage Table (.ost) file.
Why do we need to Migrate Emails from Offline Folder (.ost) file to Outlook PST file?
As we know that OST and PST are Microsoft Outlook email folder file that stores your personal data emails in PC. When your email data accidentally or abnormally deleted from your mailbox, then you recover emails from an offline storage folder file (.ost) file using migration process of OST file to Outlook PST file. Sometimes an offline storage (.ost) is corrupted, in such condition you can recreate OST file.
Recreate OST File
First of all close or terminate Outlook Application then go to control panel and type “Mail” in search control panel box after that show –
- Click on Mail (Microsoft Outlook Profile) after that open a popup menu then clicks on show profile
- After clicking on show profile open a new popup menu open then you can select existing profile or add a new profile.
- After profile selection clicks on “Properties” then open new popup menu, click on E-mail A/c
- After clicking on Email Account another new popup menu open then click on setting….
- After click on “settings”, new popup menu open then go to advance option and click on “Use Cached Exchange Mode” then click on “apply” after that “ok”
Migration of Emails from Offline Storage Folder (.ost) file to Outlook PST
Email migration from an offline storage folder (.ost) to pst format tasks could be easily done by either manual process or third party application. Most of technical email client’s prefer manual process but it is a tedious job for non-technical users, you can follow simple steps for manually migrate emails from OST file to Outlook PST format.
Manually Migrate OST Email to PST File
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click the File menu.
- Select the “Import and Export” wizard or press ‘t’.
- From the list, click the “Export to a file” option and then click Next button.
- Select Personal File Folder (.pst) and then click Next button.
- Select the items to be exported or Click on parent root and check the Include subfolders option.
- Browse and select the target folder for saving the email items.
- Click the Finish button.
Sometimes an offline storage table (.ost) file is corrupted, in such condition, you can recover or recreate them export data from OST file to PST format.
Third Party Tools for Migration of Emails from OST file to Outlook PST format
There are tools available online for migration emails from OST file to PST file, but lots of users prefer OST Recovery software which repair corrupted OST file and maintain data hierarchy after recovery emails from OST file. It also split resultant oversized PST files into smaller once. This software has another better features like filter option that offers you to recover data according to date and time. Using OST Migration tool to easily migrate entire emails with properties from OST file to Personal Storage Folder (.pst ) file.