OnePlus One has a nice little surprise in store for its customers, by providing alpha ROM which android 5.0 Version for there customers. The firm announced Wednesday that customers can now download and install an alpha version of Android 5.0 Lollipop to their OnePlus One phones.
The company said it’s trying to stick to the AOSP Lollipop build as much as possible, so don’t expect any enhancements or even CyanogenMod for that matter. That’s good news for Android purists out there.
OnePlus says you should proceed with “extreme caution” and backup your phone first, so if you don’t want to live with a brick, make sure you follow the steps.
Since this is an alpha build with limited testing, please proceed with extreme caution and backup your phone before flashing this build.
You will need to have TWRP recovery installed on your device. If you don’t have it, please follow the instructions on the site to flash recovery onto your device.
The experience is best when you have GMS (Google Mobile Services) installed. If you have GApps package, you can install it after you flash the ROM to have access to all the google services.
This build does not have a built-in recovery so if you do a clean wipe, you may have to reflash TWRP onto your device.
Download Oneplus_community.zip (you can find the link below) and copy the file to your phone. On a Mac, you can use Android File Transfer. If you have TWRP installed, you should see a TWRP folder, and that’s where you want to place the zip.Step 2
Boot into TWRP recovery. You can do this on your OPO by holding both the volume down and power buttons.Step 3
Once you are in the recovery interface, the first thing you want to do is go to Wipe and do a factory reset to clean your data, cache, and Dalvik. Note that you will lose all of your files so make sure everything is backed up before continuing.
After the wipe, go to install and find the zip you copied to your device and confirm flash. This should flash the ROM to your device.
After flash is complete. Clear your cache again. If you have GApps, install it now. Reboot your phone.
You should now be booted into the new ROM. Enjoy.
- Data roaming is on by default. Make sure to turn if off to avoid potential charges.
- As always, flashing a custom ROM incurs the risk of bricking your phone. Make sure you know what you’re doing and backup everything.
- Camera and video may be unstable. This build supports 4k video, however quality may be low as we are still fine-tuning the camera.
- Capacitive keys do not turn off when you enable software keys.
- Clock crashes periodically.
- If using the new app pinning feature in L, make sure to turn on the software keys first. Otherwise, you will have to reboot your machine.
- On first boot, startup time will be a bit slow. Rest assured we will speed things up in the future.
- Wi-Fi may be unstable.
- This build is not eligible for OTA updates.