Samsung India today announced the launch of a new addition to its highly successful Galaxy J series of smartphones – Galaxy J2 Pro. It is a variant of the recently launched Galaxy J2 2016 with an enhanced 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory and will be available exclusively on Snapdeal.
The Galaxy J2 Pro is an addition to Samsung’s 4G enabled smart phones portfolio, which constitutes over 60% of the 4G market share in India today. Galaxy J2 Pro has been re-engineered, re-designed and re-loaded with new ‘Make for India’ features such as Turbo Speed Technology (TST), a revolutionary innovation which results in superior device performance, and Smart Glow, a next-gen colour LED notification system for the convenience of the user. TST is a revolutionary innovation which results in superior performance including native apps opening up to 40% faster than devices with double the RAM. Smart Glow consists of a first-ever LED notification ring at the back of the smartphone that addresses the growing consumer need of capturing superior selfies. Smart Glow assists in orienting the rear camera to take auto-focussed higher resolution selfies.
Re-engineered, Re-designed and Re-loaded smartphone
- Re-engineered with Turbo Speed Technology: Samsung has re-engineered the Galaxy J2 Pro with Turbo Speed Technology (TST). TST is a revolutionary innovation which results in superior device performance including native apps opening up to 40% faster than devices with double the RAM. Samsung has rewritten native apps such as camera, gallery, and contacts, etc. that are most frequently used by consumers. It also proactively shuts down idle processes running in the background and declutters RAM using its intelligent memory system to ensure resources like RAM and processor are free and ready to take on new tasks, thereby extending fastest in-class experience.
- Re-designed with Smart Glow: The innovative Smart Glow in Galaxy J2 Pro is a next-gen color LED notification system that also enables the rear camera selfie camera mode. Users can use the Smart Glow LED ring to guide the rear camera for higher mega-pixel selfies with the Selfie Assist feature. Once the picture is positioned correctly and focussed, the enitre ring glows to alert consumers that the picture is ready and is captured automatically. Smart Glow also allows consumers to create and assign colors for up to four priority notifications of any app or contact. Additional utility benefits include alerts for a user if they are running low on battery, internal memory, or mobile data.
- Re-loaded with ‘Make for India’ features: The latest Galaxy J2 Pro smartphone comes loaded with popular ‘Make for India’ innovations such as S bike mode and Ultra Data Saving mode.
Samsung India had launched industry first S bike mode, a dedicated bike mode that lets consumers ‘ride tension free’ while encouraging responsible riding. This was based on the insight that two-wheeler riders receive a lot of unimportant calls and notifications while riding. The S bike mode’s urgent call alert system notifies callers through an automated answering machine that the user is riding and is unavailable to take calls. However, callers have the option to press 1 in case the call is urgent. As a safety feature, the in-built motion lock ensures that the rider has to come to a halt before they can answer the call.
The ‘Ultra Data Saving’ (UDS) mode provides up to 50% mobile data savings by blocking unnecessary background applications from consuming data. It also has a proprietary data compression technology, which ensures the most cost-efficient 4G experience.
Vivid Display & Slim Design
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro provides an immersive experience with a 5” HD Super AMOLED screen. Whether you are browsing through photos, watching a video at blazing fast 4G speeds and the larger display brings life to the content and enhances the viewing pleasure. Excellent contrast ratio produces superior imagery with deeper blacks, brighter whites, and more vivid.
Measuring just 8mm, the Galaxy J2 Pro is a sleek device which is further complemented by soft rounded edges that ensures a comfortable grip. It will be available in black, silver, and gold colors.
Advanced Powerful Performance
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro is powered by 1.5 GHz Quad Core processor and has 2GB RAM for smoother & seamless multitasking. Galaxy J2 Pro supports 128GB expandable memory to ensure consumers never run out of space. The Galaxy J2 Pro has a battery capacity of 2600 mAh battery and has the latest Android Marshmallow operating system.
Sophisticated Imaging Capabilities
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro sports a camera that captures high quality, crisp and detailed photographs with its 8 mega-pixel rear camera. It also features a 5 mega-pixel front camera to provide great video calling and selfie experience. Both cameras sport an f 2.2 aperture.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro will be available from July 26, 2016 exclusively on Snapdeal at a price of INR 9,890.
|Network(MHz)||– LTE: 2100, 1800, 850, 900, 800, 2300|
– WCDMA: 2100, 1900, 850, 900
– GSM: GSM850,GSM900,DCS1800,PCS1900
|Processor||1.5 GHz Quad-Core|
|Display||5” HD sAMOLED display|
|Camera||8+5 MP(Rear f2.2, front f2.2)|
|Camera Modes||Auto, Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, HDR (High Dynamic Range),|
Panorama, Pro, Selfie, Sports, Sound & Shot, Rear Camera Selfie
|Video||Recorder: HD (1280 x 720) | @30fps|
Playback: FHD (1920 x 1080) | @30fps
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth v4.1, USB 2.0, GPS , Glonass, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi Direct|
|Memory||2GB RAM, 16GB ROM expandable up to 128GB|
|Dimension||142.4 X 71.1 X 8.0 mm|
|PC Sync||Smart Switch (PC version)|
|Dual SIM||Micro SIM, DUAL SIM|