Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is launched in India, and we can’t stop admiring the big beautiful infinite display that it has. The device has some of the top notch specs and delivers an amazing performance but the display. To be honest, it kind of changes the smartphone game. I mean they have changed everything.
Is this going to change the Smartphone game?
Well, that question has left a lot of people muddled; including us. Right now, we can’t be sure of anything, but it seems like it is going to change the game for a competitor of Samsung like Apple and HTC. I mean, will you buy the same old boring smartphone or you’re going to adopt the new technological revolution?
It is not like other smartphone manufacturers have not done this kind of crazy experiments. There were OPPO and SHARP, then last year Xiaomi came and introduced their amazing MI Mix, and the world looked at it as if it was a Science Fiction. So Yes, it is going to change the big smartphone game that we have played for a long time.
Let’s talk about the device itself.
Both the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus packs great features and delivers an amazing performance.
- Camera: The device features an advanced 8MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture. It also supports autofocus which is combined with the facial recognition technology, which enables you to get amazing selfie even from a distance. It also comes with a 12MP rear camera which is inbuilt with a dual pixel technology to give you a fast autofocus.
- Performance: The Galaxy S8 and S8 plus, both are powered by the new 2.35 GHz Snapdragon 835 processor and features a 4 GB of RAM. The internal storage is 64GB, which is expandable up to 256GB via microSD card. With these specs, we can assure it is going to deliver a groundbreaking performance.
- Display: The infinite display is the new dope tech, right now. Both the device has much larger screen compare to normal smartphone, which is identical in body size. Which means, the 5.8-inch screen is packed in a body of 5-inch smartphone, and the 6.2-inch screen in 5.5-inch smartphone. That is a huge display, really.
- Battery: Well, like the display we can’t stop thinking about the battery itself. The S8 packs a 3,000 mAh battery and the S8 Plus packs a 3,500 mAh. Samsung has promised that it can deliver a day-long performance but to be honest, it needed a little bit more juice. Thanks to the quick charge, you can power up the device very quickly.
- Fingerprint sensor: That happens sometimes. It’s just that you don’t expect these kinds of things from premium manufacturers. I mean, there is surely a design flaw but it’s okay for some user. Users who are habitual in using the device with two hands because honestly, you can’t reach the fingerprint sensor with one hand.
- Bixby is the new Google assistant: Frankly, we are ok with Bixby. What we are not ok with the dedicated Bixby button on the side. It just seems redundant, the priority button that OnePlus 3 introduced was cool, but a dedicated button for an assistant, which is not a full assistant seems a little bit off. But it’s there, so yeah deal with it.
- The problem with Aspect Ratio: The phone has not even gone into the hands of the consumers, and there are problems with it. Yes, the aspect ratio. You have to admit, the display of the S8 and S8 plus is huge, and when you have a huge display which is not fully optimized for different apps, you’ll definitely face some issues. Well, that’s all software issue which will surely get fixed in coming days, so its ok.
The S8 is available in two color variants Midnight Black and Maple Gold, while the S8 Plus will get the Coral blue variant. The device will be bundled with an AKG by Harman earphones. The Galaxy S8 is priced at 57,900 INR and the Galaxy S8 Plus is priced at 64,900 INR. The device will be available in India starting May 5th, 2017. You can also pre-book the device from April 19th to avail the special pre-book offer of a free convertible Wireless Charger.
Well, that was it for today. To keep posted with awesome updated like this please subscribe to our website and don’t forget to give your reaction down below.