Smartphones have evolved into one of the most basic necessities of modern life and also our ultimate buddy who keeps a track of everything starting from our favourite playlist to the number of steps walked in a day. Whether or not we need a new Smartphone, we never cease to browse through the technical magazine and blogs on the lookout for newer features and specifications these tech-beauties bring along. So, if you are planning on bringing home a sleek new model or are just simply interested in this topic, then read on to find out more about the top seven things to consider before making a smartphone purchase as recommended by our Bestazy experts.
- Build Quality – The smartphones are made using plastic or metal both of which are crucial determinants of its durability. A plastic-bodied smartphone’s survival potential is limited compared to the one made up of metals which can survive two to three-foot drop.
- Resolution And Size Of Display – Your usage will determine the size and resolution statistics. A 5.5 or 6.0-inch QHD or full-HD screen will surely suffice if your main motive is live streaming of graphics-rich videos. As the screen gets bigger, the phone gets bulkier. Thus, it is advisable to maintain a balance in between resolution and portability. If your aim is to check emails and chats, then a 5 inch HD or full-HD will be more than sufficient for your requirement.
- Camera – With the selfie craze spreading like wildfire, the camera quality has rapidly evolved into one of the pre-determinants of a good smartphone. But contrary to what people usually think, megapixels are not the sole determinants of image quality. Several other factors such as ISO level, autofocus and camera aperture also have an important role to play in painting the final frame. Any smartphone having f/2.0 or lower aperture and a minimum of 13 MP rear cameras will suit the needs of photography enthusiasts whereas f/2.2 aperture and an 8 MP camera will cater to the casual users.
- Battery –If you are keen on playing games, watching videos and browsing mobile apps, then you are bound to feel the requirement of a 3500 mAh battery. Similarly, a 3000 mAh battery will suit you well if you are keen on making light and mild usage.
- Storage –Mobile companies advertise about various storage options which can take the form of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. But pre-installed applications eat away a major part of the above-mentioned storage leaving only the remaining portion. If you are addicted to mobile applications and can’t pass your day without browsing through social media websites, then it is advisable to opt for a device having commendable storage or one that supports a MicroSD card.
- Security Statistics –Additional security features such as iris scanner and fingerprint scanner can aid in establishing your security requirements and protecting the valuable documents and files.
- Speakers – Gone are the days when people used to limit the usage of their cellular phones for making calls. The smart devices of modern times can take up much broader functionality. The quality of sound waves emitted by the device which converts it into a wireless smartphone also plays the role of a determining factor while proceeding with its purchase. Phones having front-facing speakers bring along further clarity while using the phone in landscape mode.