Airtel is India’s largest integrated telecommunication company, and now it is the first industry to launch its voice over Wi-Fi service –‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’. However, this service is currently available to the Airtel customers in Delhi NCR.
Today, Airtel has launched ‘Airtel Wi-Fi calling,’ a service designed to enhance voice calling experience for the smartphone users of Airtel. The service is designed basically when the customers are indoors. The Airtel Wi-Fi calling provides an excellent signal quality indoors for the customers with Wi-Fi at home or office. Speaking about the charges comes with a twist. Customers who will use Airtel Wi-Fi calling service won’t be charged for calls, and the application operates on minimal data. As per the information available, the latest service by Airtel is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots.
Does Airtel Wi-Fi calling service requires any app in order to function?
No. The Service does not require any app. It can easily be configured on the smartphones by just following the below-mentioned steps:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to check their smartphone compatibility on – airtel.in/wifi-calling
- For the next step, the users need to upgrade their device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- Now, go to Settings on your smartphone and switch ON Wi-Fi Calling
- At last, remember to switch on the VoLTE for a seamless experience.
Here is the list of smartphones that support ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’
- Apple: All iPhone series starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, M30s
- OnePlus: All models of OnePlus 7 Series
The Airtel customers with other smartphone brands need not to worry as Airtel is working with all the leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.’
Randeep Sekhon, Chief Technology Officer, Bharti Airtel, said that Airtel is a customer-obsessed brand, and thus, it always focuses on the ways that can enhance the customer’s experience. About the latest service by Airtel, he said that- ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ is another pioneering technology intervention from Airtel and will go a long way in making the voice calling experience more seamless and useful for the customers.