Airtel, a leading global telecommunications company was the very first operator to introduce its Voice over Wi-Fi service in India. It has now added 6 new devices that are compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
Airtel has added 6 smartphones which include- Samsung S10, S10+, S10e, M20 and One Plus 6 & 6T in the list of smartphones that can configure Airtel Wi-Fi Calling. Airtel Wi-Fi calling allows users to switch voice over wifi inside their homes/offices, without any effort. The calls made via Airtel WiFi calling does not cost extra charge. Currently, Airtel Wi-Fi calling services are LIVE in Delhi/NCR and is expected to be available in major Indian cities in the coming days.
Here is the list of smartphones that are compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling:
- Apple: All iPhone models starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, S10, S10+, S10e, M20
- OnePlus: All OnePlus 7 and 6 series devices
Steps to start Airtel Wi-Fi Calling:
- The first step is that users need to check whether their smartphone is compatible with Airtel Wi-FI calling or not. Here is the link to check compatibility- airtel.in/wifi-calling
- The next step is that users need to upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- The third step is to go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Callingto get started
While following the above-mentioned steps, Keep VoLTE switched on for a seamless experience.