Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Pen to Publish Contest is back with its third edition to recognize literacy excellence among self-published authors across different genres such as English, Hindi, and Tamil. The only thing that writers need to do is to submit their original written entries in short-format (2,000 to 10,000 words) or long-format (more than 10,000 words) through Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.in. The contest starts from 15th September 2019 and will last till 14th December 2019. The judging panel will include famous authors. For English entries, the jury members will be Durjoy Datta and Sudha Nair; for Hindi entries, the jury members will be Divya Prakash Dubey, and for stories submitted in Tamil, the judgment will be provided Pa. Raghavan, and C. Saravanakarthikeyan.
Criteria for selection:
- For each language-format combination, up to 5 finalists will be shortlisted.
- Top three winners will be selected from each segment.
- Winning entries in each language for the long-format category will win a cash prize of ₹5 lakh along with the merchandising deal and a chance to be mentored by the panelists.
- The first runners-up for the long-format category will receive a cash prize of ₹1 lakh each, while second runners-up will be awarded ₹50,000 each.
- Winning entries in each language for the short-format category will be awarded ₹50,000 each.
- The first and second runners-up for the short-format category will get ₹25,000 and ₹10,000 each, respectively.
- Participants must visit kdp.amazon.com to self-publish their book on amazon.in while enrolling their book in the KDP Select program.
- All eBooks entering the contest will be available on the free Kindle app for iPhone, Android phones and tablets, PC and Mac as well as Kindle E-readers.
For more information, authors can visit www.amazon.in/pentopublish
Amol Gurwara, Director Kindle Content – India, Amazon said that the third edition of KDP Pen to Publish Contest in India promises to be bigger and more interesting this year. Hr further added that India is the land storytellers and that Amazon is excited to provide a platform to the authors where they can showcase their work. Moreover, this year, the finalist, and winning titles of long-format category from all six Kindle literary awards around the world will be evaluated by a panel from Amazon Prime Video executives to select one book. The decision will be made based on creativity, originality, boldness of storytelling, and relevance of cultural aspects for the local territory. The winner will be offered –
- 36-month option for Amazon Studios to purchase the screenplay
- And an advance payment of 7 lakh.
James Farrell, Head of International Originals for Amazon Studios, said that the company is are continuously looking for original content from around the world for our Prime Video customers. He also says that the idea is to select the best book to develop as either a series or a movie.