Ather has launched a 450x smart electric scooter that comes with a range of 85 km with new 21700 battery, and one of the quickest accelerations of 6.5 seconds from 0-60 km/hr. The scooter was launched at an event in Delhi and comes with faster charging at 1.5km/ minute. The new model features built-in Bluetooth and comes with built-in 4G and Wi-Fi support, thanks to Snapdragon 212 processor.
The vehicle costs Rs. 99,000 but users can choose new Plus and Pro subscriptions of Rs.. 1699 or 1999 per month, respectively. Both the models have similar internal specifications however, the subscription model differs, which users can interchange on their app.
Ather 450x Specifications:
- The 450x model is powered by peak motor power of 60kw and the 450 model is powered by the peak motor power of 5.4kW.
- 450x model comes with a battery of 9 kWh,21700 Lithium-whereas, the 450 model comes with a battery of 2.4 kWh,18650 Lithium-ion.
- The charging rate of 450x model is 45km/min (0-50% SOC)and the charging rate of 450 model is 1 km/min.
- The 450x model sports Eco, Ride, Sport, Warp modes and the 450 model sports Eco, Ride, Sport modes only.
- The 450x model features 4G, Wi-Fi 2.4/5Gconnectivity options whereas the 450 model sports 3G connectivity only.
- The 450x model is available in White with Green, Grey with Yellow, Green with Orange color options whereas the 450 model is available in only one color option i.e. White with Green
Price and Availability:
Including the subscription, the Ather 450x is priced for Rs. 1.49 lakhs for the Plus model. The Pro model costs Rs. 1.59 lakh. The Delhi pricing will be Rs. 1.35 lakhs and Rs. 1.45 lakh respectively. The scooter will go on sale from July 2020 in Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, and Hyderabad.