Recent statistics regarding business phone services have shown that overall, from 2019 to 2025, the VoIP market is expected to develop at a CAGR of 12%.
Studies show that more and more entrepreneurs are going digital in almost every aspect of their business workings. One of these digital trends is switching over to a business phone service. There are a multitude of business phone service companies from which to pick. You may concentrate more on building your business by choosing the best business phone systems.
Below we will discuss 6 of the top rated business phone services according to aspects that make them stand out:
1. RingCentral: best overall business phone service
RingCentral’s entire cloud-based unified communications as a service (UCaaS) platform links numerous communication and collaboration platforms. Voice, business texting, team collaboration, video conferencing, and online meetings are just a handful of the technologies available.
Furthermore, RingCentral connects all devices – smartphones, tablets, desk phones, and laptops — allowing it to be the ideal business phone solution for any company. RingCentral provides complete unified communications as a service (UCaaS), which has been developed to integrate perfectly inside your current application architecture, in addition to VoIP business phone services and cloud PBX. RingCentral’s solutions grow with a company, making it a good fit for any size company.
- Phone systems combining PC, desk phone, and mobile app access are simple to set up.
- A 15-day free trial is available to try out the phone system.
- On all systems, the call quality is excellent.
- Wi-Fi and cellular data services are used.
- Minutes and teleconference calls are unlimited.
2. Talkroute: best for smaller businesses
Talkroute is a business phone service company that helps small organizations appear larger by using voice over internet protocol (VoIP). For your business needs, they provide call routing, business hour settings, call forwarding, a free number, hold music, SMS text messaging, visual voicemail, and much more.
- Talkroute’s plans all include unlimited minutes to the United States and Canada.
- Customers praise Talkroute’s customer service, which is refreshing in a business when many competitors have received largely negative feedback for poor customer service.
- Talkroute Basic is a wonderful option for entrepreneurs that only need a phone number and a few basic capabilities to get started, with a starting price of $19 for a softphone system without some auto-attendant functions.
- Talkroute does not try to stifle its service with hidden costs or surprise add-ons.
3. Nextiva: best for mobile phone users
Nextiva is a virtual phone system that connects your VoIP business phone with business apps, AI, and automation through a single platform, allowing you to make and receive calls and much more. Nextiva is a cloud-based phone service that works with both desk phones and smartphones. You get all of the standard services, such as call waiting, forwarding, and hold music, as well as a free phone number, as well as team messaging, conference calls, text messaging, call recording, team collaboration, and call logging.
- A mobile app that is easy to use
- All-in-one platform
- Customer analytics
- Customer service that is friendly and helpful
4. eVoice: best for businesses needing a live receptionist
eVoice is a business phone system that functions similarly to other business phone systems, with the exception that you can use their cloud-based PBX phone line to receive calls from anywhere. They also provide a live receptionist service that will answer your calls and assist you with a variety of administrative tasks like as scheduling appointments, collecting customer information, and processing payments, to mention a few.
- eVoice has a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is one of the best among the services we looked into.
- If you request one within seven days of creating your account, you will receive a free professionally recorded greeting.
- eVoice has the most phone numbers per plan, starting with three on the cheapest plan and going up to 33 on the most costly plan.
5. Grasshopper: best for businesses needing auto texting
When you can’t make or receive calls, Grasshopper is an excellent small business phone system with a variety of features like auto-texting consumers. They also provide hold music, a free phone number, call records, and other services for business VoIP phone service.
- All Grasshopper plans include unlimited domestic and international calling to the United States and Canada.
- Grasshopper plans do not have a per-user price, so you can add as many users as you need without incurring additional costs. This is not the case with many of the other businesses we looked into.
- While Grasshopper does not provide a free trial, they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and a full refund if you quit inside that time frame.
6. Kixie: best for businesses making telecalls
Are you looking for the ideal business phone systems for your telesales team? Because Kixie includes an integrated CRM platform with its VoIP business phone system, it’s exactly what you’re searching for. Small businesses that use VoIP phone service to contact prospects and convert them into customers would appreciate all of Kixie’s capabilities.
- If you switch to a different provider, Kixie allows you to keep your phone number, which is not allowed on some services, such as eVoice.
- To track calls, Kixie offers simple connections with CRM systems like Salesforce, Insightly, Nutshell, Pipedrive, and others, as well as team communication platforms like Slack, a robust chat application.
- Their price is very clear, and they don’t try to lock you into an annual commitment.
- Their cost per minute is one of the lowest in the industry, with calls to the United States starting at $0.01. For example, eVoice, a competitor, charges $0.03 per minute for US phone calls.
A competent business telephone system benefits not only your clients but also your employees. When you have a decent structure in place, it’s a lot easier to communicate with coworkers. It enables staff to communicate critical information quickly and effectively.