ColorOS 7 has been launched in India as the new custom skin by Oppo. This update will reach Oppo Phones via trial version starting today. ColorOS 7 version was initially launched in China. This new version features system-wide Dark Mode and is designed to support all the core Android ten features. Moreover, the interface offers full icon customization and also includes weather-adaptive alarm notifications, Artist Wallpaper Project, and sounds by Denmark’s audio design company Epic Sound. ColorOS has over 300 million users globally, reaching more than 140 countries and regions in over 80 languages.
As per the recent information available, there are 20 phone models by Oppo that will feature the ColorOS 7 update. The 20 models include the Oppo Reno, Oppo Reno 10, Oppo Reno 10x Zoom, and Oppo Reno 2, as well as the Oppo Find, Oppo F, Oppo K, and Oppo A series. The update will reach the users through a trial version. However, the update will reach all the compatible models in the regions of China, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. The color OS 7 update will also reach the Realme phones. The testing program for the color OS 7 update on Realme X2 Pro will start from Wednesday.
Color OS 7 features:
- It comes with a lightweight visual interface.
- It is claimed to be the largest update for the ColorOS.
- Oppo has offered privacy-focused features such as the Personal Information Protection option that lets users protect their personal information from third-party apps.
- The Color OS 7 version comes with Private Safe to transfer photos, videos, audio, and other documents to a “secure zone” in the storage folder.
- It features a smart Sidebar that gives a place to hold your favorite apps and tools at the side of the screen.
- It comes with pre-loaded Soloop video editing app
- For the Indian Users, the color OS 7 version comes with Smart Riding and Riding Mode
- Oppo has provided a localized feature called as DocVault that integrates the government’s DigiLocker service into ColorOS 7 to let you conveniently store your official documents.
- It comes with live wallpapers dedicated to Indian monuments.
- It features CachePreload that is touted to make apps open and start faster than the previous custom skin version.
- It comes with a proprietary feature that helps to boost RAM utilization by 40 percent and increase system response by 30 percent.
- It comes with oSense as a new scheduling mechanism that gives priority to front-end and user-related threads.
With ColorOS 7, Oppo is trying to compete against Xiaomi’s MIUI 11 that was launched in India last month.