Technology has come to play an increasingly important role in interior design. It can establish a link between clients and designers regardless of their location. It can increase the number and types of interior designers clients can choose from and simultaneously speed-up the design process. It can launch new designers and increase their popularity and client network. It can further increase the reputation and standing of established designers. It can also act as a platform for innovative design ideas and their expression. Each of these is described in further details in the paragraphs that follow.
(1) Decreases the Time Required to Complete an Interior Design Project Plan: Online services are available that specifically focus on the area of interior design. They connect clients and designers and provide clients with the opportunity to fulfill their requirements from home. They meticulously and carefully assess client requirements and preferences and then assign the appropriate designer. The client then selects a package and in coordination with the designer receives the finalized plan. The finalized plan is made according to the assessment, photographs, sketches, ideas, and other information provided by the client. All this is done online through online correspondence. It saves clients the hassle and time of having to physically meet designers and attend meetings for a finalized plan.
(2) Leads to Increase In and Creation of Access to Interior Designers: Technology has made it possible for consumers to access and communicate with any designer in any part of the world. This is incredibly innovative as consumers can research and choose from several possibilities without location/geography being a constraining factor. This has also increased the number of clients a designer can have access to and establish contact with. This increases interior designers’ profitability, reputation, standing, client list and contacts, network, publicity and volume of work.
(3) New Designers Can Rapidly Transform Ideas into Products: Technology provides designers with an opportunity to express themselves through their ideas. There are online sites that transform interior designers’ ideas into technical files that are used to manufacture the product(s). This significantly lessens the time that otherwise would be required to reach from idea to the manufacturing step. This, in turn, helps designers to make their product(s) available to clients faster and online. This subsequently increases reach, publicity, popularity, and profitability.
(4) All Designers Can Make their Products Easily Available to Consumers: Through online sites including Urban Ladder, all interior designers can make their products accessible. For established designers, this can continue to further increase their client base. For new designers, it can play a crucial role in quickly establishing their client network and then increasing it further.
(5) Provides a Platform for Innovative Designs: There are innovative designs that are literally produced by sound or noises. Technology makes it possible to combine sound recordings and 3D modeling to produce such designs. The collection of sound recordings can be from anywhere, even representing an area having a special meaning for the designer. The products that are the outcome of this technology are special and novel pieces, representing the designer’s style.
Therefore, technology provides many advantages for clients and interior designers. For clients, it increases access to the variety of designers and the speed of plan finalization. It also increases client satisfaction and access to a diverse range of products. For interior designers, it increases client base, publicity, reputation, and ultimately success and profitability. Technology provides a win-win situation for both sides.