We all know that a Google account is a user-account which is required to access Google services like Gmail, Google+, Hangout, Google Drive etcetera. Most of the times it happens that we end up creating multiple Gmail accounts and then managing all the accounts at the same time is quite difficult and time-consuming. So, people prefer to delete all the irrelevant accounts. The other reason why people choose to delete Gmail account is that they are done with the social media stuff and need to take a break. Now, the question arises; How to Delete a Gmail Account Permanently?
In this article, I will be listing down the methods by which you can easily delete your Gmail account.
But before deleting an account, question yourself at least twice. Is it really necessary to delete this account? Because once deleted, it is literally difficult to recover an account again.
Things that you should be aware of before you decide to delete a google account:
- You will be losing all your data by deleting your Google account.
- You will be losing access to all your Google services such as Google drive, emails etc.
- Just in case you’re an Android smartphone user, you will lose access to any contact which is being linked to your Google account.
- You will lose access to any data which is backed up using Android backup services.
- You will lose the username and you cannot sign up and using the same username, obviously.
It is clear that once an account is deleted all the saved data will be gone forever. So, it is important to save the data before deleting an account. Follow the following STEPS TO SAVE IMPORTANT DATA such as emails, notes and photos before deleting an account:
- Go to the account.google.com
- Open your Google account settings.
- Click on “Control your content” option which is available under the “Personal information and privacy” option.
- After that, click on “Create archive.”
- Select on the Google products (Select those which you want to save). You can choose the file type of the archive and also where you want to save it.
You can also have an option to get a download link through an email or save it to cloud services like Dropbox.
Done saving your important information or data? What’s next? The next step is to DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.
Follow the following instructions TO DELETE YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
- Go to your Google account settings.
- Under the “Account Preference,” option chose the option of “, Delete your account or services”.
- Tap on “Delete Google account and data.”
- After tapping on “Delete Google account and data” you will see an option to back your data. In case you have not done it before, you can use this option as an opportunity and you can directly get the back up of your data from here as well.
- At the end of the page, you need to accept two acknowledgements.
- After this, just tap on “Delete account button” and you are done. Your account is deleted permanently.
If you’re not fond of particular Google service, then you can also choose to DELETE A PARTICULAR GOOGLE SERVICE instead of deleting the Google account.
To do so, follow these instructions:
- Go to your Google account settings.
- Under the “Account Preference” option chose the option of “, Delete products.”
- A list of services appears from which you can remove the service which you want to.
The point one needs to remember in the entire process of deleting a Google account is that:
Even if you delete your Gmail account information, you will still need to add an alternative email address that will get linked to other Google services that you’re currently using.
Im not sure if anybody wants to delete gmail account as it is really needy id for everyone for every device and for other usages. However, Its good to know if i change my mind 😉