Ever thought about what is meant by WordPress hosting? WordPress was launched in 2003, and it has indeed come a long way since then. It is considered one of the most powerful tools and offers content management systems or CMS hosting services. There are two versions of this platform- one is WordPress.com, and another is WordPress.org.
Also Read: 5 Benefits Of Using WordPress
Both versions of the platform have significant differences and are used for different purposes. WordPress.org is an open-source CMS Hosting platform, whereas, WordPress.com is a blogging platform.
6 Interesting Facts About WordPress Hosting
We have put together a few interesting facts about WordPress that will surely blow your mind-
- According to the report of Wappalyzer, WordPress hosting dominates the market of content management systems with a whopping share of 76.4%. It is then followed by platforms such as Joomla, Drupal, Squarespace, Weebly, and so on.
- WordPress is an open-source platform because the co-founder of the company Matt Mullenweg decided to protect its freedom. The non-profit organisation possesses the trademark of ‘WordPress’ and protects the liberty provided by the open-source licence. In addition to that, the company does not even have a CEO. The company is run by volunteer developers from all over the world. There is a comprehensive decision making process, and it allows people from all over the world to submit patches, bug reports, suggest features, and other things.
- The users can add various functions to WordPress without coding via plugins. There are free as well as paid plugins that can perform various functions. At present, there are more than 45,000 free plugins in the official directory of WordPress. In addition to that, there are other premium plugins available that can make your website more functional and useful. Moreover, if any user knows PHP, he or she can create their own plugin from scratch.
- People from all over the world are fans of WordPress and want to know more about the platform. This is why a total of 65 countries, including 361 cities, host events related to the platform, which is known as WordCamps. These events are organised every year. Most of these events are sponsored by the parent company of the platform, which is Automattic.
- According to a survey from 2015, the WordPress hosting system garners an additional 1.1 million domains every six months or so. The users love the easy-to-use interface and features of the platform. Since WordPress is one of the most used platforms across the world, it is available in 196 languages, with 40 of them at complete translations.
- WordPress has more than 163 million visitors per month, which makes the platform even more popular than Twitter as it gets around 156 million users per month, according to Automattic, the parent company of WordPress.
Also Read: 7 Best Translation Plugins For Your WordPress Site
The above-mentioned facts are enough to tell you that WordPress is the best platform if you want to build a website. The forum belongs to a thriving ecosystem and continues to work for its users. You would be surprised to know the platform only takes a few minutes to be installed.