Kerala has been affected severely because of heavy rainfall. Kerala floods have caused huge damage in the southern state and the situation is becoming horrible with each passing day. In order to help people of Kerala, Bharti Airtel, Idea, BSNL and Reliance Jio has put forth their support to their subscribers in flood-hit areas. These Telecom operating companies are offering voice calls, SMS message and data benefits to the flood-hit customers in Karnataka and Maharashtra.
BENEFITS BY AIRTEL:
- The company is offering free talk time and SMS message.
- The company is offering data benefits to the customers in the flood-hit zones.
- Currently, we do not have any information regarding the value of talk time and data benefits offered.
- The company has extended the validity of prepaid users and bill payments dates for all the prepaid users to August 16. 2019.
- The company is also working to ensure proper network connectivity in the flood-hit zones.
- Airtel has also set up toll-free helpline 1948 number to help in locating missing persons.
BENEFITS BY VODAFONE AND IDEA:
- Both of these companies have offered a talk time credit of up to Rs 10 to its prepaid customers in Kerala.
- Vodafone customers need to dial *130# from their registered number to get the talk time credit
- Idea customers need to dial *150*150# their registered number to get the talk time credit
- Both of these companies are auto crediting 1 GB of free data to their customers in Kerala.
- Vodafone and Idea have also set up a 1948 helpline number for its users.
BENEFITS BY BSNL:
- The company is offering free voice calls between the same network along with 20 minutes of talk time from BSNL to other mobile networks.
- The company is providing additional support by offering SMS benefits and 1GB of data benefits in the flood-affected areas in Kerala, Karnataka, and Maharashtra
BENEFITS BY RELIANCE JIO:
- Jio is offering 7 days of unlimited voice and data benefits for all its customers in the flood-hit regions.
- For all the users in Kerala, the company has set up a 1948 helpline number.