Libereka is an end-to-end UK-based Application for student recruitment platform, which is launched today, i.e., on the 21st of October 2019. The education index, a tech startup, is planning to redefine the university student recruitment process. The aim is to save fees for both institutions and students and provide students with the student’s preparatory materials, including a personalized dashboard to recommend degrees and programs based on their profile and goals. It is available to students in the biggest markets for university recruitment, including China, Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent
- This platform provides a student a blockchain education account. This account can be used to store their academic scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and English proficiency test scores.
- The students are also eligible to receive a guaranteed funding of a minimum of $500 once they have secured a successful admit at a University using the Libereka common application system.
- Students no longer have to use multiple transcripts and other documents, notarizing multiple documents, and then sending each set separately to individual Universities.
- The blockchain account is free for life, and students can keep adding verified or validated certificates and other academic documents as they go through life. The account can then be used to apply for jobs showcasing everything that they have learned at a single place.
- The blockchain removes the need to create multiple online identities to store their documents every time they want to apply for a job or sign-up for a new micro-program.
The LCASS or The Libereka Common Application & Scholarship System is the system through which the students can apply to multiple universities, and accept scholarships, with only one application form and one set of verified documents on the blockchain. This not only saves the students time but also saves their money. The platform also provides an advanced matching tool and works with qualified candidates to generate a guaranteed offer for a degree type at a desired study destination.
CEO of Education Index, Soumik Ganguly, states, “Millions of prospective students around the world currently rely on a patchwork system of application support. This model is inefficient, and we are streamlining that process for universities as well as applicants, with massive cost implications and high risks for both sides of the higher-education exchange. Libereka makes recruiting students simpler, cheaper, and more efficient, freeing up time for universities to focus on what really matters: securing the best and brightest students. For students, Libereka has one simple message – you don’t have to compromise on your higher education dreams ever again.”