MediaTek Incorporated (TWSE: 2454), a global fabless semiconductor company that enables 1.5 billion connected devices a year. Today it has launched Dimensity. Dimensity is the MediaTek’s family of powerful 5G system-on-chips (SoCs) offering an unrivaled combination of connectivity, multimedia, AI and imaging innovations for premium and flagship smartphones.
It represents a step toward a new ear of mobility and is MediaTek’s first 5G mobile SoC in its 5G family of chipsets. It is a combination of a single 5G chip solution, with its integrated 5G modem and is packed into a 7nm chip and is tuned to 5G performance. The first Dimensity powered devices will start hitting the market in Q1 of 2020 and is claimed to deliver significant power savings compared to competing solutions.
Features and technology in the MediaTek Dimensity 1000:
- TheDimensity 1000 5G SoC supports 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC CA).
- It comes with the world’s fastest throughput SoC with 4.7Gbps downlink and 2.5Gbps uplink speeds over sub-6GHz networks.
- It is designed to support stand-alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks, and includes multi-mode support for every cellular connectivity generation from 2G to 5G.
It comes with the latest Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1+ standards for the fastest and most efficient local wireless connectivity.
- It is a performance powerhouse, pairing four Arm Cortex-A77 cores operating up to 2.6GHz with four power-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores operating at up to 2.0GHz.
- It comes with with a new MediaTek AI Processing Unit – APU 3.0 – with more than double the performance of the previous generation APU.
- It comes with the world’s first dual 5G SIM technology.It comes with the support for services such as Voice over New Radio (VoNR), the 5G SoC delivers seamless connectivity across networks and offers consistent speeds.
- It features integrated 5G modem that delivers extreme energy efficiency and is a more power efficient design than competing solutions.
- It features a truly extraordinary camera and video experience because of the world’s first five-core image signal processor (ISP) combined with MediaTek’s Imagiq+ technology.
- It delivers stunning graphics with support for Full HD+ displays up to 120Hz and 2K+ up to 90Hz.
- It is designed for global sub-6GHz 5G networks that are launching in Asia, North America, and Europe.
Joe Chen, MediaTek President, said that the name Dimensity was chosen to highlight how their 5G are driving new waves of innovation and experiences, much like the fabled fifth dimension. He said that the Dimensity series is a culmination of MediaTek’s investment in 5G and positions us as a leader driving 5G development and innovation. He added that Dimensity 1000 brings the latest connectivity, multimedia, AI, imaging and gaming innovations. All this tuned for 5G performance to consumers so that they can expect incredible experiences with 5G devices powered by Dimensity .