MG Motor India has launched the first electric vehicle in India named as MG ES EV. This vehicle is directly unveiled from the company’s stable, and it is certainly a very bold move by the brand. MG ES EV is the second offering from MG Motor, India. It is an all-electric SUV that comes to India with the same specifications as the one sold in the UK. However, the company is assembling the electric car at its Halol plant in Gujarat. This electric vehicle will be priced aggressively and, it will compete with the Hyundai Kona when prices are announced in January 2020.
About the Exterior Design of MG ZS Electric SUV:
- It is a compact SUV and the dimensions tell more about the compactness of the car.
- The car is longer than the Hyundai Creta, but it is smaller than the MG Hector. It is 4314mm long, 1809 mm wide and 1620mm tall with the wheelbase of 2579mm that provide a decent space at the rear end.
- If only the looks are concerned than this vehicle is more of a crossover than an SUV.
- It sports a wide chrome stud grille flanked by projector headlamps.
- The rear part of the vehicle is equipped with LED taillamps just below the raked windscreen and the license plate area has been moved down to the bumper, so the rear does look a bit understated, though it looks good on the car and goes well with the overall proportions.
About the Interior Design of MG ZS Electric SUV:
- The car comes with a neat and uncluttered cabin with not much contouring on the dash and few buttons on the central console. But the fit and finish is pretty good.
- The cabin is finished in black color and then there are silver inserts on the dash, door pads and circular air-con vents on both ends which gives the vehicle a royal and premium feel.
- The vehicle comes with an 8-inch touchscreen system with Apple Carplay, Android Auto connectivity
- It comes with a flat-bottomed steering wheel, USB mobile charging at the front and rear, Bluetooth functionality and even a rear-view camera.
- It comes with a panoramic sunroof.
- The vehicle is equipped within Smart EV 2.0 connected car technology which makes it a connected car.
- It comes with an APM 2.5 air filter which can bring bad air quality level of up to 300 AQI down to regular levels in just 35 mins.
- The vehicle gets a 5 kWh battery pack that promises a range of 340 km on a single charge. The lithium-ion unit can be charged up to 80 percent in 40 minutes with a 50 kW DC charger, or takes up to seven hours with a standard 7.4 kW charger.
- The battery system used in the new ZS EV is IP67 certified making it water and dustproof.
- The company provides an onboard charging cable for 15 amp plugin in order to charge the battery of the vehicle. There’s also the option of Charge on the go, which is a roadside assistance in partnership with Allianz.
The ZS EV will be launched in 5 cities of India and MG Motors has partnered with Fortum India to set up a 50 kW DC fast charging infrastructure at the locations the ZS EV will be on sale. Not only this much, the company has also partnered with Exicom Tele-Systems for second-life use of ZS EV batteries.