MG Motor has recently launched the much-awaited ZS EV car in India. The ZS EV is launched in two variants. After the launch of the Hector SUV, the MG ZS EV is the carmaker’s second model which is launched in India.
- The design of ZS EV is the same just like any other crossover or compact SU we see on Indian roads.
- The detailed look at the grille which sports the charging socket shows that it is an electric SUV.
- Users also get windmill inspired 17-inch alloy wheels and London Eye inspired daytime running lights along with projector headlamps.
- The car features a dashboard that gets an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- The ZS EV is a connected care like the Hector but the ZS EV gets more than 50 connectivity features.
- TheMG ZS EV gets an all-black cabin with minimalist use of chrome on the dash and central console.
- The cabin features a clean and uncluttered design and there are soft-touch materials on the dash and door pads.
- As per the review conducted electric SUV can comfortably sit four while for five it will be bit of a squeeze.
- The driver seat is electrically adjustable and seats itself are comfortable offering enough support.
- The connected car features an embedded eSIM along with in-built Wifi and in addition to that, there is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on offer as well.
- The car offers a full panoramic sunroof that covers 90 percent of the roof area and you get a PM 2.5 filter.
- There are 3-drive modes that this car offers. The modes are named as Sport, Normal & Eco. The modes can be separated via the toggle switches right above the rotary transmission knob.
- The ZS EV is equipped with a 44.5 kWh IP6 certified battery pack that powers a synchronous motor which puts out 141 bhp and 353 Nm of peak torque.
- The battery of the car offers a maximum range of about 340 km on a single charge.
- The car features power electronic (PE) solutions from UAES, it can go from 0-100 kmph in just 8.5 seconds.
Moreover, the company is planning to deal with the problem of range anxiety. It is planning to make sure that the ZS EV customers are not left stranded on the road. For all the freshers, the ZS EV cares will come with an onboard cable to charge at any 15amp socket. The MG motors are also planning to install an AC fast charger at the home/office of the customers. The company is also setting up a DC Super-Fast charging network at select MG showrooms.
The MG Motor India will offer ZS EV at an introductory price of ₹ 19.88 lakh for customers who have booked the car before January 17, 2020. The second variant is priced at Rs. 23.58 lakh.
The company has started accepting bookings for the ZS EV on December 21 last year and has received over 2800 pre-bookings before it was closed on January 17, 2020.
About launch cities
The ZS EV is already been launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad and soon it will be launched in other cities subsequently.