The eye is the most precious sense organ; they help us in visualizing the world. We are able to witness the beauty of our nature with the help of our eyes. Therefore, we should provide proper rest and care to our eyes. Nowadays, we tend to spend a lot of time in front of our computers and smartphones.
The rays emitted by these smart devices and even the harmful rays emitted by the sunlight can adversely affect our eyes and cause serious trouble to them. Hence, to save these delicate organs from being damaged, we should use proper eyeglasses that will not only save them from getting harmed but also can provide comfort to you while working for long hours in front of your screens.
Whether you are a man or woman, there is a huge range of trendy eyeglasses that are available on both online and offline selling platforms. There are many brands that are well known for their quality glass lenses that are used in spectacles.
Also Read: Best free CAD software to download
So, if you want to grab more information about the same, then reading this article is surely going to help you in this regard. So, let us take a quick glance at the types of available glasses.
Table of Contents
Types Of Eyeglasses
- Single vision glasses: The glasses are used to treat eye problems such as far-sightedness, astigmatism, and short-sightedness. They usually provide a better area for your vision. The main goal of these glasses is to cure your eye problems.
- Bifocals: These lens glasses are used to eye-problems of those people who have problems visualizing both far-sighted and near-sighted objects. These glasses are made of both types of lenses.
- Trifocals: As the name suggests, these glasses comprise three lenses. One is for curing near-sightedness, one is for curing far-sightedness, and the middle one is for treating intermediate problems. They are usually called computer glasses.
These glasses are usually used by people as a replacement for bifocal and trifocal lenses. They do not contain any line of difference for the different eye defects and hence provide a clearer and smoother vision to your eyes.
Other Types of Glasses (Non-Prescription)
- Reading glasses: These glasses are used during reading books, newspapers, and computer screens. They are used to treat the common problems that might arise while reading for a longer time. Such as headaches, double-vision, or stress.
- Digital protection or blue light blocking lens: As the name suggests, these glasses are used to provide protection against the harmful rays emitted by smart devices such as laptops, mobile phones, etc. They provide protection to your eyes and help in balancing your sleeping schedule.
- Safety glasses: These glasses are used in the laboratory and construction sites where there can be a great risk to your eyes. They are available at a cheaper rate in the market and can be used easily.
- Sunglasses: We all are well aware of the harmful effects of the ultraviolet radiation emitted by the sun rays, especially during summers. These radiations can irritate our eyes and may cause long-term problems in our eyes. Therefore, the use of sunglasses can solve these problems on a sunny day. These glasses not only provide safety to your eyes but also go well with your attire. They enhance your looks and make you look stylish.
- Fake glasses: These glasses are mainly used in low-risk conditions. They are more of a fashion purpose rather than providing safety to your eyes.
Types of Glasses Frames
Glass frames are the supporting system of your glasses; therefore, their quality has a great impact on your eyewear. There are various types of glass frames, such as:
- Plastic frames: These frames are cost-effective and light-weighed. They are available in different colours. They are mostly made up of zylonite, nylon blends, and castor seed oil.
- Metal frames: Metal frames provide great strength to your glasses and are costly too. They are available in different colours too.
Best Frame Shapes for Your Face Shape
To sum up, although there is a variety of eyewear available in the market, you must be very particular about the type of glasses when you are buying glasses online.
They should suit your face shape and size. They must be cost-effective, comfortable, and suit your personality.