The past months have taught us more about personal hygiene and that if you get in contact directly or indirectly with an infected person, a virus can spread and can infect you too. One of the highly used tools is a tap (faucet). It is used by multiple people and sanitized by none. We cannot even imagine that tap can be a house for multiple germs and viruses. Moreover, children often forget to turn off the tap and that leads to wastage of water. In an ideal case, in order to save yourself and save water, you must go for a Marill non-contact automatic tap sensor.
One such product is available at a deal price and we will be reading about it in detail. The device is addressed as an Infrared water-saving device by its manufacturer. But, from my point of view, the device serves multiple purposes. It is designed to be used for Bathroom Sink Faucet.
Also See: Best AirPod Clones that are Worth Buying
Automatic Tap Sensor inductively drains water by IR and reducing touch pollution. Moreover, it is easy for the users to disassemble and assemble the device, so, you won’t even require the help of any plumber. You just have to remove your current tap aerator and replace it with one of the six adapters. Now, charge the sensor unit and attach it to the adapter. You are all done!
Features and Specifications
The device comes with IPX6 certification and does not get affected by the continuous flow of water.
The device is equipped with multiple sensors:
- The infrared sensor with MCU algorithms and pulse-interval sampling is used to reduce the energy consumption by the device and ensures the consistency and stability in complex environments.
- The device is equipped with a motion detection sensor and it is placed around the percolator (the part from where the water comes out).
The device features two sensor modes:
- When the sensor enters the bottom sensing area, the water starts.
- When the sensor is away, the water is stopped.
- If the sensor stays in the bottom sensing area, the water will stop automatically after more than 20 seconds of water flow.
- When the sensor enters the side sensing are, the water starts to flow.
- The water flow time lasts for 3 minutes, and the water remains even if the sensory object leaves.
If the sensor enters the side sensing area again during the water discharge process, the water can be stopped at all times.
The battery is covered and is placed safely between a rubber pad and cannot be removed. The battery is charged via USB. The battery ensures super long life and you just have to detach the unit and charge it with a micro USB cable. However, if once charged the device will operate perfectly for 3 months.
When you are using this device, you don’t have to worry about water wastage. Even without touching you can control (on/off) your faucet.
The device is handy, easy to use, and features a simple design style.
It comes with 6 sets of adapters. Each one is designed as per your requirements.
- M20- Internal Thread Adapter
- M22- Internal Thread Adapter
- G1/2- Internal Thread Adapter
- M20- External Thread Adapter
- M22- External Thread Adapter
- M24- External Thread Adapter
Price and Availability
The sensor is priced for Rs. 5,999 but currently as a deal, the brand is offering the sensor at a price of Rs. 2,549. You can purchase it from Marill.in