Xiaomi, a Chinese manufactures of smart devices, has now launched Redmi 8A. Redmi 8A is the successor of Redmi 7A and is the newest addition under Xiaomi’s entry-level Redmi A series. Redmi A series is claimed to be “India’s favorite series,” and the brand has offered an “Aura Wave Grip” design on the Redmi 8A along with a splash-resistant P2i nano-coating.
Redmi 8A Specifications
- It comes with a dual nano-sim and operates on Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10 on top.
- It features a 6.22-inch display and corning gorilla glass 5 protection.
- It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 SoC and is paired with up to 3GBof RAM.
- It features a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor as a rear camera and sports a selfie camera of 8-megapixel.
- It comes with an AI Portrait Mode and AI Scene Detection and includes an AI Face Unlock feature.
- It comes with a 32GB of onboard storage which is expandable via microSD card (up to 512GB)
- The connectivity options include e 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, FM radio, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- It is backed up by a battery of 5,000mAh with support for 18W fast charging.
Price in India:
For 2GB RAM and 32GB storage, the price is set for Rs. 6,499 and for the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant the price is set for Rs. 6,999. The Redmi 8A comes in midnight Black, Ocean Blue, and Sunset Red color options. The smartphone will be available for purchase through Flipkart and Mi.com – with plans to bring it through offline stores at a later stage. The first sale will go on September 29 at 11:59pm IST