AIoT is a sort of combination of AI and IoT. 5G is bringing AIoT above everything and is working on turning AIoT into the core driver to the Internet of Everything. AIoT is basically a fusion of Artificial Intelligence with Internet of Things connectivity technologies under the context of application scenarios and customization. However, AIoT faces three challenges:
AIoT is facing highly fragmented requirements because of the restricted volume in each single market segment. The market contains diversified and small in size requirements. These diversified requirements have resulted in fragmented technologies, including a highly distributed series of connectivity technologies, safety technologies, chips, solutions and operating systems.
Consumers demand better user experience, foreseeing the increase in number of products and applications implemented. The better user experience requires stronger capacities from AIoT platform, higher AI computing power, intelligent endpoints have to be capable of handling different scenarios and edge computing.
The fusion of AI with IoT is leading to complexity to security requirements. To be precise enough, AIoT endpoints are facing security issues by the cloud-/channel/device-side security requirements and there is also the security concern of Artificial Intelligence Algorithms.
Solution to the three challenges in the ear of AIoT:
To deal with the challenges faced in the era of AIoT, UNISOC recently introduced new AIoT products, where the company officially announced IVY V5663.
The IVY V5663 is a high performance secure AIoT solution. It is a new AIoT solution with powerful Computing capabilities, industry-leading technologies, security and reliability, rich sets of features, and ease of application development. The IVY V5663 can be used extensively in diversified scenarios, such as:
- Smart home
- Health care
- Childhood education
- aesthetic health care
- warehousing and logistics
To help developers with better align technologies with scenarios, as well as improving the time-to-market for smart endpoints, UNISOC has built an open and innovative development platform named AILIGO. AILIGO will enable the AIoT value chain.
Features of IVY V5663 with respect to Industry-leading Technologies:
- IVY V5663 is the first highly integrated AIoT solution with Wi-Fi 5 +BT 5 +MCU supports in China.
- It comes with the support for the latest IEEE 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi 5, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, dual-mode classic BT and BT 5 and Wi-Fi & BT Mesh.
- V5663 features an Arm Cortex-M33 dual-core processor architecture with operation frequency up to 442 MHz.
- It features two high-performance, programmable, ultra-low power consumption processors that ensures flexible scheduling and higher efficiency.
- It supports TrustZone security feature and fully functional DSP with ARMv8-M, with performance improvement by 20% compared with Cortex-M4.
The indoor positioning based on fused Bluetooth AoD/AoA and Wi-Fi RTT supports precise positioning for applications like indoor navigation, reverse vehicle tracking and shopping mall traffic management.
Features of IVY V5663 with respect to Powerful Computing Capability:
- V5663 provides an RTOS-based, high-performance smart voice solution.
- It is the most powerful ARM Cortex-M MCU with highest clock frequency worldwide.
- It is the world’s first fully-integrated RTOS-based AIoT solution.
- V5663 supports dual-mic voice activation.
Features of IVY V5663 with respect to Security and Reliability:
- IVY V5663 integrates self-development storage and peripheral isolation module, hardware encryption engine, true random number generator, and other security features.
- It features other SoC-level security features include hierarchical encryption and multi-layer isolation
- V5663 is designed to offer comprehensive protection for IoT devices in terms of identity authentication, financial payment, and information storage.
V5663 achieves the first ARM PSA Level 1 certification in China and soon it will become one of the first AIoT solutions certified by Level 2, PSA in the world.
The other rich set of features of IVY V5663:
- 5663 provides a comprehensive range of peripheral interfaces for application extension, including USB2.0/3.0, eMMC, PWM, PDM, IIS and SPI, which can directly connect to sensors, codec, and high-speed devices to eliminate the fragmentation problem of embedded designs.
- It supports programming under Mbed and FreeRTOS environments through a full suite of communication protocols and popular cloud protocols.
- V5663 is the only solution supporting applications such as smart speakers need speech processing capacity for two or more mics.
Features of IVY V5663 with respect to Ease of application development:
- The AILIGO is the platform based on V5663, which adopts a modular and open-source approach providing an integrated development environment, Software Development Kits (SDKs) and complete technical supports.
- AILIGO platform can overcome the entry barrier of development by enabling ease of selection and flexible configuration.
- The open developer community for AILIGO (coming soon), on the other hand, provides one-stop services for developers, including resources, tools, learning and exchange opportunities, application practices and technical support.
Long Wang, Executive Vice President of UNISOC, said that V5663 is designed to help developers addressing in-depth application scenarios and endpoint innovation, and ultimately create a truly intelligent ‘Connected World’, through its strong performance, powerful computing capability, ultra-low power consumption, all-new security architecture, rich sets of features and highly efficient development platform.