Managing things has always been the go-to mantra for many people from different regions, regardless of their age, gender, race, or even colour. Since we are talking about management, one name comes to mind as soon as we begin. WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems on the internet and acquires a little for more than 30% of the entire browser, which I a lot if you ask me ever since modern-day websites that are quite popular were linked with this management system.
This is one of the major reasons why this is the go-to for tons of brilliant web developers. Ever since its inception in 2003, it has evolved as a powerful and flexible solution to run entire websites along with the option of using it as an e-commerce solution.
WordPress Tips to Improve Your SEO Ranking
The question that lurks around is how on earth WordPress became so popular; well, let us take a better look at why this happened.
Reasons Behind the Popularity of WordPress
- Pretty simple and easy to use. There is no need for you to be a developer if you want to launch a WordPress website and the user-friendly factor makes sure that even rookies can use it with relative ease.
- Having thousands of themes available, most of them being free is what makes it flexible and adaptable, this further helps the user to cater to their needs with more than 55,000 WordPress SEO plugins that are available so one can also extend the core functionality without much fuss.
- In case you are an experienced PHP developer, the platform can help you to host properly bespoke themes in case you want to learn the language or if you choose to employ the services of a professional to attain a stand-out site from a custom design.
- The platform being open-source is one of the major perks apart from the fact that as a whole, the community is pretty amazing in itself. You can always get a helping hand irrespective of whether the problem is simple or complex.
It is common knowledge that CMS saves you a lot of time and allows you to adhere to the best practices without any actual knowledge, but that doesn’t hide the fact that it is not a solid SEO strategy replacement on its own. One should understand that they need to put in the effort to rank their website on Google.
The rank has nothing to do with the choice of your CMS. Similar to other things, WordPress also requires a lot of time and effort. Still, the good thing is that when the SEO becomes technical, it eases up the pressure by making it easily accessible even for the users who are not very experienced.
So, before you learn how to optimize your WordPress website to increase organic traffic, given below are some basic tips that can help you make sure that you start working with a solid build.
Basics to Help You Improve SEO Ranking
- Choose a reliable hosting provider, to begin with.
- Make sure to install an SEO-friendly WordPress theme
- Keep in mind to install a free WordPress SEO plugin
- Set your preferred domain for best results
- Check the visibility settings of your site
- Try to enable SEO friendly permalinks
- User Google search console to verify your site and then submit your XML sitemap
- Ensure to carry out keyword research
- Use the SEMrush plugin to install the SEO writing assistant and create good content
- Make sure to set up custom URLs for posts and pages
- Try to use optimized page headings at all times
- Always come up with crafty meta descriptions and ingenious optimized title tags
- Make use of internal linking
- Optimized file names should be used for images
- Improve the speed of the site by installing a cache plugin
- Image optimization is key
- Use schema to mark up your pages
These are some of the major points that one should keep in mind. There is no denying that WordPress is indeed one of the best SEO-friendly CMS’ which is also the reason behind the popularity of this platform.
You can make good use of WordPress if you are using it by keeping the aforementioned points in your mind.