Remember paper planes? The one we used to love playing with during our childhood. All of us have played with paper airplanes at least once in our life You must be wondering what does that has to do now. Don’t worry, we won’t let that kid die in you. With technology and creativity, innovation always comes through. One such innovation we’ll discuss today is Powerup. Powerup is a device that you can attach to your paper plane and control it via your smartphone. Now that plane of yours can have a little flight you always wanted.
Technically speaking, POWERUP can make any paper plane smartphone-controlled aeroplane. It has an onboard flight computer, autopilot, two new sensors – gyro and accelerometer, combined with 2 thrust vectoring motors that means you can fly anything with POWERUP 4.0 with ease and smoothness.
How to use it?
- Fold your paper plane into any design.
- Attach the module to the aeroplane.
- Download the app and control it with your smartphone.
- Tilt your phone in the direction you want your plane to fly.
- It has a feature of auto-loop that helps you master awesome tricks like Barrel Roll and Hammerhead.
- It has two high-speed motors that increase its thrust.
- The application on smartphones shows real-time analytics, including heading direction, thrust level, and turning angles.
- It is more durable as it is made up of indestructible carbon fibre body, has replaceable parts, and gives voltage protection in case of motor overload.
- It is lightweight, weighing only 19 grams and has a wireless range of up to 230 ft/ 70 meters.
- It takes 25 minutes to get a full charge via a micro USB charger and gives 10 minute flight time. It can fly up to 20 mph(9m/s).
In pro kits, Optional LED lights were attached that will give you the impressive visuals at night while flying your paper plane. Two rear wheels and one front wheel were attached that gives your paper plane more style and make for easier take-off and landing.
Why one should buy this?
You can play with this smartphone-controlled paper plane with your family and friends. It is made up of carbon fiber and nylon-reinforced plastic that makes it more durable and you don’t have to worry about crashing your paper plane. It has an Easier Aerobatics which you can learn easily; Wind Stabilizer that helps you fly in windy condition; Launch Assist which helps you in take-off and landing; Auto Stabilizer lets your airplane fly remarkably.
You can fly anything made of paper, balsa wood, cardboard, foam board with the flight assist. The application on your smartphone shows you the flight mode, statistics about the flight and plane type. You will also get to know about the tips on how to optimize your next flight. You can enjoy the flight of your paper plane with more improvised features.
You can buy this amazing product, POWERUP 4.0 Barebone at $79 from the Indiegogo site. Click here for more information.
Please do drop your suggestion and ideas in the comment section below. If you want to keep tabs on a more innovative product like this, subscribe to our website.
Disclaimer: We have not tested this gadget personally, please research about the company and its policies before buying this product.