When you can cook a recipe in 10 minutes using the oven, why will you stick to the stove to cook the same recipe for an hour? There is no doubt that the microwave oven is the must to have kitchen accessory these days. It eases out your cooking job and can perform multiple tasks. In case you are wondering what the options available in the market are. You can read this article to figure out the best microwave oven in India as per your requirements.
Best Microwave Oven in India: Buy at Best Price
- 1 Best Microwave Oven in India: Buy at Best Price
- 2 3 Types of the Microwave Oven:
- 3 What is the Inverter microwave oven?
- 4 What is oven capacity, which one to pick?
- 5 Features to consider before buying?
- 6 Best Microwave Oven in India 2020
- 6.1 LG 39 L NeoChef Convection Microwave Oven with Smart Inverter
- 6.2 IFB 34 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.3 Samsung 32 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.4 Whirlpool 25 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.5 LG 21 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.6 Godrej 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.7 IFB 20 L Grill Microwave Oven
- 6.8 Morphy Richards 25 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 6.9 Godrej 20 L Grill Microwave Oven
- 6.10 Kenstar 17 L Solo Microwave Oven
- 7 Microwave Oven Safety tips:
- 8 My Thoughts
- 9 How a Microwave Oven Works?
But before that Let’s understand Microwave Oven Types:
3 Types of the Microwave Oven:
Solo Microwave Oven
The solo microwave oven uses microwave magnetron as a heating method and is best for reheat, and simple cooking. These ovens are designed for bachelors and for a small family for up to 2 members. These microwaves are cheaper, but they cannot be used for grilling and baking purposes.
These microwave ovens are priced at Rs 2000 – 4000.
Grill Microwave Oven
Grill Microwave oven can be used to reheat and grill. You can use this oven to grill meat, paneer or vegetables. This type of oven comes with heating coils that help in grill, toast, or roast.
These microwave ovens are priced in a range from Rs 4000 – 9000.
Convection Microwave Oven
A convection Microwave oven is used for baking cakes, pizzas, and muffins. These microwaves can be used to grill and bake both independently or together. A convection microwave oven comes with a fan which circulates heatwaves efficiently and uniformly so that food can be prepared quickly. You can also grill, toast, or roast in this oven since it has both features.
These microwave ovens are priced above Rs 12,000+.
Also See: Best Split AC in India
What is the Inverter microwave oven?
This is a technological innovation in microwaves ovens, these ovens use a smart energy-efficient technique. In the tradition oven, temp is adjusted continually, it heats up your food to the required temperature and shuts down, the oven keeps repeating this process over and over till the time is up. This consumes more energy since the magnetic coil starts and stops over and over. In inverter technique, this temperature is adjusted via the system in variable format, so the temperature is automatically reduced and to some amount rather than shutting it down. It is a more valuable way of cooking than the traditional style and uses less amount of energy. The meal is also properly cooked in an inverter microwave oven.
What is oven capacity, which one to pick?
Oven capacity is defined as the amount of space inside the microwave. The capacity can easily be measured by multiplying the length, width, and height.
- Solo microwave oven: The oven capacity ranges from 0.5 – 2.5 cubic feet.
- Grill Microwave oven: The oven capacity ranges from 1 and 2.5 cubic feet.
- Convection Microwave oven: The oven capacity ranges from 1 cubic foot to over 2.0 cubic feet.
Also See: Best Cooler in India
Features to consider before buying?
While you are looking for a perfect microwave oven as an accessory for your kitchen, it is essential to look for some important features. Ask yourself:
Is the microwave oven, I am purchasing, features:
- Auto cooking
- Child lock
Best Microwave Oven in India 2020
LG 39 L NeoChef Convection Microwave Oven with Smart Inverter
- Excellent classy looks
- More than 350 auto cook menu
- Inverter technology is much energy efficient
- Inside nano-coating makes cleaning easier
- Have an exclusive Charcoal flavour twist for your grill food
- Diet Fry, Motorized rotisserie
- Smart diagnostics system
- Very expensive
This microwave oven by LG comes with an auto-cook interface that opts default selection. It is one of the Best Microwave Oven in India 2020. It only selects the dishes you would like to prepare, all you need to do is to push the “start” button. It is packed with modern technologies, such as Intelligent diagnostic technology that allows comfortable detecting and fixing any issues on your appliance. It is made up of unique stainless steel, and the device serves to produce steam so that it can prepare food, healthier and quicker. It also features an auto-cooking recipe feature that helps the users to pick the recipe that they would like to make and then they just have to click start.
IFB 34 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Can be used to prepare fermented products.
- Features auto-cooking
- Functions are a bit complicated for new users.
This microwave oven can be used for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking. It combines the beauty of microwave and barbecue cooking and golden-brown home-cooked meals. It features steam cleaner that cleans the microwave from sticky grease from the steam in a couple of minutes. For children’s safety, the microwave oven comes with child lock and the power save feature offers flexible energy and cost-cutting functionality.
Samsung 32 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Offers high-quality performance
- Enables uniform cooking
- LED display
- Does not come with a starter kit.
Using this microwave oven, you can even bake rotis. It features Tandoor technology that replicates a real-life Tandoori kitchen with temperature up to 200 degrees Celsius, which makes it ideal for making Naans, Parathas, and other roti items.
It comes with an advanced fermentation technology that enables users to set the perfect temperature to enjoy homemade curds and dough at any time. With just one touch button, you can perform a variety of operations like baking, grilling, cooking, fermentation, and much more.
Whirlpool 25 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Easy to operate
- Offers a pre-heat function
- Smooth touch control panel
- Chamber capacity might be an issue for some buyers, as it is just 25 litre.
This microwave oven lets you cook 50% faster while retaining 45% more moisture than a conventional air fryer. It features auto cooking. All you need to do is to pick from a diverse selection of pre-programmed recipes to cook. The chamber is made up of stainless steel that allows only heat to provide efficient and consistent preparation. It also comes with a pre-heat function that offers the ideal cooking requirements for your biscuits/food & snacks.
LG 21 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Cleaning is easy because of the Steam Clean feature
- Easy and safe to use
- Can be noisy at some times
- Cannot carry heavy loads
It is an all-purpose microwave oven and features auto cooking that comes with pre-programmed cooking time and temperature, whereby it becomes easy to select the respective dish and press the ‘Start’ option. It comes with the ‘Pasteurize Milk’ feature that eliminates the need to boil the milk. It can even make ghee in 12 minutes. This oven blends curds without using chemicals and enzymes to churn hygienic Paneer. The Quartz heater is concealed. So, it prevents accidental scalding of your hands.
Godrej 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Offers instant cooking
- LED display
- Chamber is made up of stainless steel.
- Capacity is low
This microwave oven offers instant cooking by boiling, roasting, toasting, reheating, etc. in a single preparation set. It can be used to cook oil-fried food such as Chicken Tandoori, Corn Kebabs, or Fries by utilizing minimal oil. The oven is designed to perform healthy fermentation and it can be used to make a delicious mix for Idli, Appam, Jalebis, and Dhokla.
IFB 20 L Grill Microwave Oven
- Excellent performance
- Easy to use controls
- Comes with a starter kit
- Doesn’t feature digital control options.
This microwave oven is designed or students, bachelors, and small families of three to four people. It enables users to grill their barbecue foods apart from performing other activities like defrosting, cooking, reheating, and warming. Though it is not suitable for baking cakes the combination of a power grill and Combi tech modes enable users to delicious brown meals without overheating them. It features auto cooking mode and comes with 41 standard menus. Moreover, it features 10 various power levels to set the temperature of the food according to your requirements.
Morphy Richards 25 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Easy to clean and sensitive touch-pad
- Features 10 auto cooking menu options.
- Doesn’t come with a starter kit.
It features a classy black finish and it can be used for grilling to prepare varieties of food items. It supports auto cooking and features 10 self-cooking settings and five separate power settings, guaranteeing you, your perfect meal. It also features smart child lock function so that your child doesn’t get any injury. The multistage cooking function helps the food to cook at different stages and power settings of the cooking cycle. You can select the Auto-Defrost and cook feature to automatically defrost your food item and cook it to your desired setting, all in one step.
Godrej 20 L Grill Microwave Oven
- Users can easily cook and grill
- Features Deodorizer feature
- There is no starter kit with this device.
This microwave oven by Godrej comes with pretty exciting features that makes eating healthy a habit. It comes with the Deodorizer function that removes all the residual smell from inside the microwave oven and leaves it hygienic. Moreover, the multi-distribution system helps you in faster and even cooking by allowing heat to be distributed evenly.
Kenstar 17 L Solo Microwave Oven
- Good product for the beginners
- Does not support auto-cooking
This microwave oven features reheat, defrost frozen food and cook meals in less time. It comes with Smart Wave Technology, ensuring food is uniformly cooked keeping the nutrition intact. It can be e used for grilling along with defrosting, reheating and cooking food. It features an indicator that will alert you once your food is ready.
Microwave Oven Safety tips:
- While using the microwave for the first time, try to follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
- Don’t use normal containers inside the oven. Use microwave oven compatible containers only.
- Avoid using water beyond its boiling point
- Always check for the leakage
- Don’t use ovens when the door is open.
- Do not heat food items that are packed and sealed.
- Do not heat food items that are flammable in nature.
- Do not use the oven as a storage unit.
This is all you need to know before buying an oven. You can choose one of the microwave ovens from the above-mentioned list as per your requirement. My personal favourite is LG 39 L NeoChef Convection Microwave Oven. The reason is that this microwave oven features Continental Menu, Indian Cuisine, fermentation, Steam Clean, Two-Stage Cooking.
If you have any suggestions for Best Microwave Oven in India that we should add in this list, feel free to contact us at [email protected], we always welcome new ideas. Thank you and stay subscribed for more content.
If you are Technical and Want to know more, then this video is for you.