With summers kicking in, we all are switching to Air coolers and Air conditioners. Some of you might be on the verge of purchasing a new cooler or new AC. But I know it is not easy! There are plenty of questions like should I go for Air cooler or Air conditioner? What brand should I prefer? Well, if you are someone who is going to buy a new air cooler, this article might help you in answering the majority of your questions.
Keep Reading and Stay Cool!
Best Cooler in India Pricing and Offers
Symphony Diet 12T Personal Tower Air Cooler 12-litres, Multistage Air Purification, Honeycomb Cooling Pads, Powerful...
- 1 Best Cooler in India Pricing and Offers
- 2 What is an Air Cooler?
- 3 Is Air cooler better than AC?
- 4 Best Cooler in India for Summer list:
- 4.1 1. Voltas Mega 70 Desert Cooler
- 4.2 2. Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36-litres Personal Air Cooler
- 4.3 3. Symphony Diet 12T Personal Tower Air Cooler 12-litres
- 4.4 4. Crompton Ozone 75-Litres Air Cooler with Honeycomb Pads
- 4.5 5. Kenstar Double Cool Dx 50-Litre Air Cooler
- 4.6 6. AISEN 55 Ltr Magna Desert Air Cooler
- 4.7 7. Havells Celia Desert Air Cooler
- 4.8 8. Maharaja Whiteline Rambo AC-303 65 L Air Cooler
- 4.9 9. Crompton Optimus 100-Litre Desert Cooler
- 4.10 10. Orient Electric Smartcool Dx Air Cooler
- 5 Advantages of Air Coolers
- 6 Disadvantages of Air Coolers
- 7 Best Air Cooler under 5000 Rs in India
- 8 Conclusion
What is an Air Cooler?
An air cooler is a machine that is used to cool and/or dehumidify the air. An air cooler draws fresh air from outside and then cools it by using sustained and effective cooling technology.
Also See: Latest Tecno Mobile Phone
Is Air cooler better than AC?
If you are comfortable with Air cooler or your locality has bearable weather patterns then you should choose to opt Air cooler over Air conditioners. Reason:
- Air Cooler is much more environmentally friendly than an Air conditioner
- An air cooler pulls fresh air from outside and then cools it down. Hence, air coolers offer a better quality of air.
- Air coolers are cheaper than Air conditioners
- Air cooler is easy to install and is portable.
- Air cooler does not dry the air like an air conditioner.
- Air cooler will also have less electricity consumption.
Best Cooler in India for Summer list:
1. Voltas Mega 70 Desert Cooler
- Excellent aesthetic appeal
- Offers trouble-free and pleasant user experience
- Expensive for some users
- Colour choice may appear to be dull to some users
This air-cooler is by the brand Voltas that comes with 70 Litre water tank capacity. It is one of the best air cooler in india. It features Turbo Air throw and comes with honeycomb Cooling Pad with Trolley. It is sleek and elegant in design and is priced for Rs. 14,500 at Amazon.
Also See: Best Split AC in India
The cooling pad is known to offer better cooling levels at all times and aids in providing uniform distribution of air all through the room. It is suitable for large rooms and medium-sized halls
2. Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36-litres Personal Air Cooler
- Compact and portable
- Easy mobility with the help of castor wheels
- It gives out a nice cool breeze with the water-filled in
- The plastic screws can be replaced with metal ones
- The plastic body joints sometimes leave little gaps
This Air cooler is by Bajaj electronics, and it features 36 Litre water tank capacity. It is equipped with features like high air delivery and a big water tank. This air cooler offers sustained and effective cooling. It also features modern technology for an efficient cooling experience. This air cooler comes with castor wheels that provide ease of movement.
3. Symphony Diet 12T Personal Tower Air Cooler 12-litres
- Easy to carry
- Quality cooling pad
- Good built quality
- Features I Pure technology
- Works on inverter
- High in Price
- Blower size is too small
- No ice cube chamber
Symphony Diet Air cooler comes with 12-Litre water tank capacity. It is powered by I-pure technology with multistage air purification filters such as allergy filter, bacteria filter, smell filter, PM 2.5 wash filter, and dust filter. All these filters help in delivering fresh and filtered cold air. It comes with Highly-effective honeycomb cooling pads, and the cool flow dispenser ensures superior cooling and offers the best user experience. It features an exclusive dura-pump of Diet 12T that ensures the longevity of the pump. It also comes with multi-directional wheels for portability, and it features 3-speed motor.
4. Crompton Ozone 75-Litres Air Cooler with Honeycomb Pads
- This cooler provides exceptionally effective cooling
- It is budget-friendly
- Not compact and small
- Comes in a limited variety of colours
Crompton Ozone 75-Litres Desert Air Cooler features 75-Litre water tank capacity and is designed to be a heavy-duty cooling machine. It works best when kept in an area where cross ventilation is available, and it is capable of cooling a room/medium-sized hall of up to 550 square feet effectively. It offers effective cooling because of the new honeycomb design cooling pads and throws cooled air for a distance of up to 52ft.
5. Kenstar Double Cool Dx 50-Litre Air Cooler
- Cost-effective to purchase and operate
- Effective cooling and silent
- Does not come with a trolley
- Colour options are limited
This cooler comes without a trolley and features 50-Litre water tank capacity. It is capable of operating for a full 12 hours + without a refill. It is a simple and effective cooler that is capable to throw air up to 35 feet and provides quick, active cooling. With its 4-way airflow, the cooler cools 20 meters of an area, and it has 3 speeds to control the airflow. It features wool pads and evaporative pads as cooling technologies. It is made up of good quality materials and is compact in size.
6. AISEN 55 Ltr Magna Desert Air Cooler
- Ability to effectively cool a large room of up to 650 sq ft
- Silent and aesthetically appealing
- It is not small and compact which is owing to its 55 Liter capacity
This cooler comes with a beautiful design and is equipped enough to full fill all your needs for 2020 summer. It features 55 Litre water tank capacity and offers four-way air deflection, Ice chamber, powerful air delivery, removable honeycomb cooling pads, 3-speed control, caster wheels, and a water level indicator.
7. Havells Celia Desert Air Cooler
- Features 3 side honeycomb pads.
- Not the cheapest cooler
- Occupies a bit of space due to its 55-litre capability
This air cooler provides ease of use due to the remote control facility, and it offers 55 Litre water tank capacity. The silent cooling experience makes this air cooler ideal for the bedroom or home use. Fan technology ensures powerful cooling very silently. It also features fully collapsible louvres, which prevent dust and insects from entering it, meaning lower maintenance. It offers a convenient and pleasurable user experience. It comes with 3 side honeycomb pads that ensure the quickest and most effective cooling.
8. Maharaja Whiteline Rambo AC-303 65 L Air Cooler
- Doesn’t come with good colour options
This air cooler comes with 65-Litre water tank capacity and is designed to throw air up to 45ft. It is capable to quickly cool large spaces. The tank is anti-bacterial, it has a shockproof body, which is durable, and ensures a longer life. It comes with a 3-speed control facility and features an aroma chamber and water level indicator. It comes with a powerful fan that can cool a wide area of 45ft with 4-way airflow.
9. Crompton Optimus 100-Litre Desert Cooler
- Low noise
- Low maintenance
- Durable body and beautiful design
- Auto intake water if you add a dedicated pipe.
- 100 litter is more than enough
- It cannot be compared with local duct coolers of the same price because of its low fan speed
- The local metal body is not as cold as expected
It features 100-Litre tank capacity, honeycomb pad for easy access, and ice chamber. It has an auto water level indicator, to help you easily see the amount of water in the cooler. It offers an air delivery of 5500m3/hour ensuring rapid cooling and comfort. It also comes with a manual humidity control option that helps keep air humidity levels optimized.
10. Orient Electric Smartcool Dx Air Cooler
- Adjustable dividers for changing airflow
- Swing option available
- 15 X 15 feet room cools down in 15 Mins
- Slight Noise Compare to other Coolers
- Water purification requires more time and effort
- No stoppers on wheels to avoid slip
This air cooler comes with a high-performance motor and features 20-Litre water tank capacity. It offers air delivery of 1300 m^3/hour with the 4-way cooling system. It has a rustproof, high gloss, durable body, and is equipped with a dust filter that ensures clean and cool air. It is compatible with the invertor and hence you can have the privilege of uninterrupted cooling during power cuts.
Advantages of Air Coolers
- Low initial investment
- Runs at 1/5 the power consumption of AC
- Doesn’t have any special insulation requirements in the rooms
- Simple mechanism and easy maintenance
- Can humidify the air in arid areas
- Can operate without stabilizers
- Uses no gases or substances that harm the environment
Disadvantages of Air Coolers
- It can function only in Dry regions where humidity is less.
- It can become unhygienic very quickly unless appropriately maintained.
- Users need to change water and water pads daily.
- Cannot cool without humidification
- Uses a fair amount of water to operate right
- Cannot be precise with the temperature that the cooler will cool to
Best Air Cooler under 5000 Rs in India
S. No. 10 Best Cooler in India 2020 : Which Air Cooler to Buy? Price Buy Links 1 iBELL DELUXE Tower Fan with 25 Feet Air Delivery, 4-Way Air Flow, High Speed,Anti Rust Body (Black) Rs. 5,590
2 Kenstar Little Dx 12-Litre Air Cooler (White/Grey) Rs. 6,490
3 Orient Electric Smartcool-DX CP1601H 16-Litre Personal Air Cooler (Black/White) Rs. 7,390
4 Bajaj Snowvent Tower Fan (Blue-Turquoise) Rs. 3,975
5 RT Evaporative Air Cooler, Portable Mini Powerful Cooler for Home, Arctic Air Personal Space Cooler, The Quick & Easy... Rs. 2,640
The air coolers are environmentally friendly and use 75% less energy than air conditioners going easy on your pocket too. There is a wide range of air coolers available in the market, but in this article, we will also discuss the top 5 budget coolers from known brands that fall under the price of 5000. These air coolers can be used in homes or in offices.
They are durable and most importantly, affordable. Even if you live in PG or in a hostel, you can easily purchase them online, and you won’t find difficulty in moving them to other places while shifting because all these air coolers are light weight.
1. Ibell DELUXE Tower Fan with 25 Feet Air Delivery
This air cooler is sleek and stylish in design, and it comes with high air delivery rate of 2250m3/hr and features a 3-speed control. The air cooler is from the brand ibell Deluxe Tower Fan, a performer of international standards when it comes to air delivery. This cooler is ideal for Homes and Offices alike.
The air cooler is designed aesthetically to fit into any modern ambience. Moreover, the air cooler features a rust-proof body made of high-quality metal and plastic parts. Generally, people complain about the noise made via cooler, but this air cooler is stunningly silent while it is in action. It is an energy-efficient air cooler.
2. Kenstar Little Dx 12-Litre Air Cooler
This air cooler features mosquito net/dust filter that prevents mosquitoes, small insects and flies from getting into cooling pads. This process helps in keeping the air cleaner. The air cooler comes with a water level indicator that allows you to check the water level in the tank effortlessly without opening the cooling pads. However, the air cooler features openable cooling Pads that allow you to easily clean and fill the water in your cooler.
The air cooler works perfectly well on Inverter, thus giving you comfort even during a power cut in the harsh summers. The air cooler uses honeycomb cooling pad, and the body of the air cooler is more durable than the traditional cooling pads and thus gives freedom from changing them frequently.
3. Orient Electric Smartcool
This air cooler comes with 1300m3 / hr of air delivery rate, and it uses honeycomb pads as cooling media. The air cooler is designed to offer superior cooling performance to suit your needs. As far as form and functionality are considered, then this air cooler is the best. It comes with an ergonomic design that fits perfectly in any corner of your room to cool down every nook and corner.
The cooler has a 16 liters of water tank capacity, and the 3-speed control lets you adjust the speed as per your liking. The cooler operates on inverter power, so you do not have to worry about the unexpected power cuts. This air cooler is value for money product and is easy to maintain and economical to operate.
4. Bajaj Snowvent Tower Fan
This air cooler is known for speed, style, and is designed to fit in every office and commercial space. It is energy efficient cooler that offers world-class performance and looks absolutely stunning. It comes with an air delivery rate of 42CMM, and it ensures optimum air throw efficiency, with 3-speed selection. It is lightweight and portable cooler and is a value for a money air cooler to beat the summer heat.
5. RT Evaporative Air Cooler
It is a portable mini powerful cooler that is designed for home and office use. It can efficiently cool any space very quickly, and it is equipped with air humidifier & purifier. Though the cooler is small in size yet, it is the most efficient evaporative air cooler of this type.
The cooler allows you to create a personal cooling zone-cools temperature of personal space. The cooler gets automatically shut off when it is out of water. Just remember to add pure water or household tap water, to avoid affecting the cooling function. Additionally, you can use a cup brush or toothbrush to clean the water tank once a week.
For an Air cooler to function correctly, you’ll need a warm climate. Preferably an area with less than 35 ℃ temperature, and less than 50% humidity. If your locality has a good amount of trees, Air cooler will work great.
This sums up the list of top 10 Best Cooler in India available on Amazon. In my opinion, if you have a big room and you don’t have time to fill the water tank regularly, you can go for Crompton Optimus 100-Litre Desert Air Cooler, as it offers a large tank. The device is also quite affordable when it comes to all the excellent features it offers.
Please do drop your suggestion and ideas on Best Cooler in India List in the comment section below. If you want to keep tabs on a more innovative product like this, subscribe to our website.