Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company, launched the Mi Box 4K streaming device on Friday, May 8 2020. The smartphone was launched during the company’s online launch event. Mi Box 4K streaming device is capable of playing 4K and HDR content from streaming platforms supporting these formats, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The device gives a perfect competition to Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K as it is quite affordable. Let’s know more about the features, price, and availability of this streaming device by Xiaomi. Also, what is one specific feature that this device lacks? Keep Reading!
Features of the Mi Box 4K streaming device:
- It is a standalone Android TV which operates on Android 9.0 Pie.
- It is powered by a quad-core Amlogic processor and features 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage for applications.
- This device can plug into your existing television through HDMI Port.
- The device can be enabled via WiFi.
- The smartphone provides access to a variety of apps and services available on Android TV.
- The Mi Box 4K will only run the stock Android TV interface.
7.The device sports additional connectivity through a USB port and 3.5mm digital out socket.
- The device features Bluetooth to connect headphones or wireless speakers.
- The streaming device comes with a built-in Chromecast Ultra on the smartphone that allows users to cast content at up to 4K resolution.
- It is easy to set up and synchronize the streaming device with Android mobile devices and Google accounts.
Price and Availability:
Mi Box 4K streaming device is priced for Rs. 3,499/-
The device will go on sale on May 10 at 12 PM via Flipkart, mi.com, Mi Home stores, and Mi Studio stores.
The only drawback of this streaming device is that it does not support Dolby Vision content.