So, finally Samsung is here with there all new feature in India, and the best part is that they have integrated UPI in Samsung Pay app which is as of now is in beta phase. The UPI ID which is assigned to Samsung Pay is @pingpay. Now Users can create their own user ID with username@pingpay to send or request money with any other bank. The Samsung Pay UPI solution is being powered by Axis Bank. They have also announced that in near future samsung gear s3 will also going to support Samsung Pay feature which is going to be a innovative step.
In the early access backs which support Samsung Pay will include Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, and Standard Chartered and even after that Samsung Pay payment will also lets users to pay via Paytm wallet.
As of now Samsung Pay is available in 12 global markets, which includes South Korea, US, China, Spain, Singapore, Australia, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Russia, Thailand and Malaysia.
Samsung Pay will supports with the device having both NFC and MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) which allows users to send a magnetic signal from smartphone to a payment terminal’s card reader. As of now this is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note5, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016), and Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
How to get Started?
- Users will need to register via this page. Then, they need to install Samsung Pay application on there phone. Registering on Samsung Pay app is a one-time process, and it can also be done with the use of users Samsung Account ID and password.
- You can also register your fingerprint by tapping Use Fingerprint. Users can also set Samsung Pay PIN for payment authentication.
- If you want add more cards, just tap on Add your Debit/Credit Card which will open up your camera application and automatically detect all your card details. Rest this step can also be done manually.
For PayTM users
- Users can add Paytm using Wallet option in Samsung Pay. Using this users will also be able to add money to their Paytm wallet via Samsung Pay.
- To add money, just tap on Wallet option in Samsung Pay app and then tap Add to open the add money page. Adding to this, once added you can even pay using Paytm on Samsung pay irrespective of having the Paytm app on your phone.
If you want to make payment using Samsung Pay at a store, You must have a compatible phone phone with all things registered in it. Just launch the Samsung Pay app, select the card and pay by just swiping left or right. After that authenticate your payment by/ using fingerprint or PIN and place the phone near the POS machine and you will be done with your transaction.
You will also get some exclusive offers for using Samsung Pay like: Mastercard users will get 20% instant discount on Pizza Hut orders, 15% instant discount on Barista orders, and discounts on select combos at Cafe Coffee Day.
Axis Bank users can get up to Rs. 1,000 cashback; HDFC Bank users get 5x reward points on credit cards and 5% cashback on debit cards; SBI credit card users get up to Rs. 100 cashback per transaction; Paytm users get up to 100% cashback on movie tickets; ICICI Bank users get up to 50% cashback on credit and debit card transactions, and Standard Chartered users get up to 20% cashback on credit and debit card transactions. Finally, Visa users get complimentary popcorn+beverage combo at INOX Cinemas. You can also check other updated offers list at Samsung Pay India site.